Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
DIY Wyoming Antelope hunt on Public land? >

DIY Wyoming Antelope hunt on Public land?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

DIY Wyoming Antelope hunt on Public land?

Old 07-14-2014, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.n4thehunt.com/2013/01/27/...ing-a-license/

I'm in the same proccess as you I think. This site gave a good overview of the process and has some useful links on it.
-Jake
Old 12-21-2015, 08:27 AM
Spike

Default got any info on unit 113 or 25?

Looking to find a unit in Wyoming that I can get a non res antelope tag with no points and has a decent amount of public land.
Used the demand report for 2015 and I see 113 and 25 have 100% success for no point non res draw odds. From the large map I have it looks like quite a bit of BLM land.
Do any of you have any more information on these areas?
Thanks
Old 12-21-2015, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sent you 2 PMs BB!
Old 12-21-2015, 09:58 AM
Spike

thanks
back at ya with more ??S
Old 05-10-2016, 09:47 AM
Spike

Default First time NR Antelope in WY - Trade info on CO Elk

Hello!

My buddy and I are looking to hunt Antelope in WY this fall (we are both non-residents) and are just getting started on research. The last two years we did DIY Elk hunts in Colorado and filled tags both times.

Happy to pass along all the details on those two Elk hunts (location, where to camp, GPS coordinate of where to hunt at what time of day, best outfitters to haul out the meat, etc) for some info on where to go in WY.

Those CO hunts were "put a pack on your back with all your gear, hike in 5-6 miles and camp then self guide your hunt" type experiences.

We are open to dropping a few hundred $ to get on private land if needed, but am also happy to hike 10-15 miles in on public land if possible to get an animal. Antelope are tiny compared to an Elk

Thanks!
Old 05-10-2016, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

No reason to hike for speed goats. You can easily fill tags within a half a mile of a road on public land all over Wy.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:33 AM
Spike

I agree. Just find a two track and off you go. No need to pay any landowners. Plenty of BLM and state land for hunting. The SE corner of the state has great conditions for horn growth this year and had a mild winter. If we do not get a late heavy wet snow during the fawning season we will be sitting pretty for big goats here. The units with mostly public land are harder to draw but many areas with less BLM offer great hunting just takes some effort.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:39 PM
Spike

Did everyone get their applications in for speed goats this year in Wyoming? I can't wait to hear if my buddy and I drew for this fall. I hunted 26 last year and got my first antelope.

Anyone else ever hunt 26? Low access rate but seemed like a decent amount of animals. 27 almost looked better tho
Old 06-14-2018, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

I put in.

excited for the draw.

How was your hunt in unit 26?

-Jake
Old 06-24-2018, 05:44 AM
Spike

We got our bucks as you should if you're putting in the effort to hunt but just took a little time. Going back this year to try again and look at other property. Gunna try and get a 27 tag next year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.