Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Colorado 7/8/9/19/191

Old 04-16-2014, 11:38 AM
Spike

Default Colorado 7/8/9/19/191

New to the early muzzleloader and archery seasons and have never hunted any of these units. I fish in these areas some and have seen a few deer poking around but never elk. Anyone have any ideas they would be willing to share?
Old 04-16-2014, 03:17 PM
Spike

Do some research on 19. I think that is your best bet! Burned last year or year before. But not all of it and there are unburned pockets in there.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:48 PM
Spike

I had the same thought, seen a bunch of deer up the canyon but never any elk.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:05 AM
Spike

Yeah, I have only seen Elk in the canyon once up high in those real nice meadows you see along the road. Go South from that point and scout the 4x4 trails and different routes into that area. Crown Point is a good starting place.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:06 AM
Spike

Thanks for the tip! I'm really hoping I draw both the deer and elk tag sub there. The deer I think is a lock but the elk I'm not sure of, based on last year's number.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:23 AM
Spike

All I ask is you pay it forward at some point and take some pic's and share your experience with us. Thanks, Chad
Old 04-24-2014, 07:25 PM
Spike

Default Always

If I get into them I'll be happy to share pictures and tips. Most of my honey holes at this point are for fish though..