Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Elk hunting

Old 03-15-2014, 10:47 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default Elk hunting

Is there any place to hunt elk for a person that has bad lungs and a ticker.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just depends on how much real activity those lungs and bad ticker can withstand since generally there is some elevation involved even if you don't go up in the higher mountain elevations. Where we hunt in Wyoming there are plenty of elk down at the 4500' elevation level, but that may be even too high if you have those kinds of health problems. If you have the money, your best bet would be a landowner transferrable tag that could be used on private property that would allow some use of ATVs, quads, etc. to get you around and minimize walking. The best states for those are CO, NM, and UT.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

The area around Craig, CO is pretty easy to get around in. Not a lot of really high or rugged country. Mostly rolling sagebrush and cedar covered ridges and it has a lot of elk. That being said, any elk hunting will require some effort not only to get the animal but also to get it out.

If your health is so poor that you honestly think it will be somewhat dangerous to hunt elk then I suggest you find a good guide (I didn't think I would ever recommend a guide, but there it is) since you could rely on the guide to do the bulk of the major work. But, be advised, you would still need to be able to pull off the shot and that may mean you need to cover some ground quickly or get to a good shooting position. If you can't sprint 100 yards and shoot as soon as you are done, an elk hunt may be hard to pull off.

Probably not what you want to hear, but elk hunting is a physical game even under the best circumstances. It is what it is.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:18 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, i've got to do something i'm going nuts.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can book a private land cow elk hunt relatively cheaply. I take cows 3 out of 4 years and have almost as much fun as taking a bull.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

We can offer you a very low physical bull/cow elk hunt in Texas or a cow elk hunt in New Mexico. 100% success on either. My email is in my signature at the bottom.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by SJAdventures
We can offer you a very low physical bull/cow elk hunt in Texas or a cow elk hunt in New Mexico. 100% success on either. My email is in my signature at the bottom.
Be advised, elk in TX are officially classified as livestock and not as a game animal. Personally, I'm not going to hunt any elk that bears the same classification as a jersey cow. I'm also a little suspicious of any 100% guarantee on any hunting trip. But to each his own and if this sort of hunt trips your trigger, more power to you.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:13 AM
Typical Buck

Elk don't always habitat 13 miles in the wilderness. Here's a thought. How many elk do you think are laying within a 100 yards of the road in thick cover as hunters drive right by them? It will surprise you. You may not always kill a trophy but you might kill more elk than the guys running up and down the road all day. The draw back is it takes a lot of knowledge on how elk move in the area to do this and do it on a regular basis. You just can't pick a spot and sit down you have to be in their normal traveling route between area's they like to maintain as habitat. It's a game of chess it really is.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

KY Non Res tag
Old 04-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck whatever you decide. And have fun doing it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.