Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wisconsin Learn To Hunt

Old 07-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Spike

Default Wisconsin Learn To Hunt

Learn to hunt what an awesome way to take a youth to get there first bear. Picture below , Troy to left and my son Dale to right posing with Troy’s 300# Black Bear. This chase will never be forgotten by this young man, we covered endless miles by truck and foot. After about 6 hours of running this bear we finally caught up. Troy was 10 years old at the time he killed this bear. Troy his father and I took after this bear for the last time we were running out of gas. Dogs were caught ahead of us approximately 400 to 500 yards. Sprinting to the dogs out of breath we had to stop and rest dogs started to move again so, we started running again. Troy being 10 years old kept up with me every step of the way very impressive. Finally we caught up to the dogs, what started out to be 400 to 500 yards ended up more like a mile. Exhausted and breathing hard Troy needed a killing shot. Dogs had the bear pinned up against a tree swarming it like bees almost making it impossible to make a shot. Troy moved within 20 yards waited for an opening and bang the bear dropped. I couldn’t believe my eyes a 10 year old pulled this off, back of my mind I had my doubts worrying about the dogs and shot placement. Never a doubt in Troy’s mind congratulation on a job well done.
This is the fourth year that the DNR had given us another Learn to Hunt Tag. I’m so looking forward to this. It starts end of August I’ll keep you posted. With the rising cost of the hunting expenses all I ask is to check out our website, all profits from purchases will go back into hunts, this will help in keeping future cost down. Thank You and Happy Hunting. http://www.buycrossbowsonline.com/home.html
Old 08-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Spike

Just around the corner look for video and pictures on my website.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome pics and that sounds like a great program.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Spike

2013 Wisconsin Learn to hunt successful see video in video section.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:27 AM
Spike

This program continues to grow in Wisconsin and it's great to see for sure!
Old 10-02-2015, 11:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is a good bear and good for the lad who took it.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

a mile? just a mile? glad the youngster was successful but a bear chase here in wv of just a mile during daylight is unheard of, 5 miles is an average chase, congrats to the boy, it is a good bear!
RR