HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Boycott Colorado Hunting!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/380117-boycott-colorado-hunting.html)

A11en 03-21-2013 06:11 PM

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Yesterday, Colorado passed several gun control laws - one limiting the capacity of magazines to 15. While rifle or bow hunting in CO, I always carry a sidearm. Based on these new laws, I no longer have a sidearm I can legally take into CO.

I will not contribute to the economy of a state that chooses to infringe on my right to bear arms. I will now take my business to other Western states that respect the my rights.

Please join me and send a message to CO by taking our business elsewhere

iamyourhuckleberry 03-21-2013 07:19 PM

A11en,

You can bare your arms however you want in Colorado. They can be tatooed, greased, sunburned, just saying...

Bearing your arms, now that's another topic.

Give us Coloradans a chance to overturn this political BS before you boycott the state. Law suits and voter referendums are in the works. The Democrats have kicked us , but we're not giving up the fight.

Jorgy 03-21-2013 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by A11en
Yesterday, Colorado passed several gun control laws - one limiting the capacity of magazines to 15. While rifle or bow hunting in CO, I always carry a sidearm. Based on these new laws, I no longer have a sidearm I can legally take into CO.

I will not contribute to the economy of a state that chooses to infringe on my right to bare arms. I will now take my business to other Western states that respect the my rights.

Please join me and send a message to CO by taking our business elsewhere

Boycotting hunting in Colorado only hurts the people who want nothing to do with these new laws.
And If you can't figure out how to walk the mountains without a 15 shot clip we are probably better off with you going somewhere else anyway.

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android

c-rad 03-21-2013 08:33 PM

Well everybody has there own opinion. I like to hunt in Colorado I see no reason to stop. Plus why do you want a magazine larger than 15 rounds while hunting?

Chopayne 03-22-2013 02:00 AM

I agree. Hunters, hunting agencies, Colorado Wildlife Department, etc, are not the ones who chose to pass this law. By choosing to NOT hunt in Colorado you are only hurting innocent businesses. We should seek out other options before turning to this drastic option.

Champlain Islander 03-22-2013 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry (Post 4045260)
Give us Coloradans a chance to overturn this political BS before you boycott the state. Law suits and voter referendums are in the works. The Democrats have kicked us , but we're not giving up the fight.

Great advice. I hope Huck’s thought sets the tempo for the needed change. Under the radar gun legislation has plagued New York too on the wings of the Democrats. Remember the best way to fight ridiculous gun laws isn't through a boycott it is through the voter booth. The sportsmen group is a huge vote…..use it.

A11en 03-22-2013 02:48 AM

Doing nothing is acceptance,which will encourage other states to follow unless they realize such laws have a negative impact to their state. Magpul understands this which is why they are pulling out of CO.

C-rad, what concern is it as to why a need 15 rounds while hunting? You sound like Pierce Morgan. All I'm saying is I do not own a sidearm that I can bring to CO legally. 1st it is 15 rounds, it's 5 rounds, then were all hunting with single shots

If the majority of CO residence think like the few of you above, I'm now clear on how the laws passed. Very disappointing.

Take a stand people. Influence the legislation with your wallet .

shooter500guns 03-22-2013 03:00 AM

what do u carry as a side arm, that has more than 15 rd. capacity? is it a uzi or what? a 5 or 6 shot revolver is plenty. i always thought the idea was to carry light, all that lead ammo doesn't help. or do u carry steel bullets for armor peircing?

Blackelk 03-22-2013 03:02 AM

I don't know anyone that hunts with a 30rd magazine except for small game. I don't know anyone coming to Colorado to go blast at rabbits. Saying that these gun laws are crap and they haven't even touched on reducing crime in the big cities or controlling the laws they have in place already. It's pure BS.

BTW I already do hunt with a single shot.

Chopayne 03-22-2013 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by A11en (Post 4045288)
Doing nothing is acceptance,which will encourage other states to follow unless they realize such laws have a negative impact to their state. Magpul understands this which is why they are pulling out of CO.

C-rad, what concern is it as to why a need 15 rounds while hunting? You sound like Pierce Morgan. All I'm saying is I do not own a sidearm that I can bring to CO legally. 1st it is 15 rounds, it's 5 rounds, then were all hunting with single shots

If the majority of CO residence think like the few of you above, I'm now clear on how the laws passed. Very disappointing.

Take a stand people. Influence the legislation with your wallet .

So you would rather kill a thousand innocent people to get one bad guy? My point is that what youre trying to do will be ineffective and only hurt those who are on your side. Think about your actions before going through with it.

All youre going to do is deteroriate gun rights activists actions further by draining the economy and giving them less money to fight back with. All the Anti Gun Activists are going to say is that we're doing it to ourselves and theyre going to be joined by PETA who will love that there will be less hunting.