Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Boycott Colorado Hunting!!! >

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Old 03-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bighorn Bill,

Welcome. Your words are wise.

I have a home down on the Arkansas River, ten miles north of Buena Vista. I will gladly host you and your family this summer for a trip to the top of Mt. Antero. The trip will include (but not limited to) ATV rides, wildlife and scenery viewing, and aquamarine mining (our state gemstone). What say you?

Lucky,

I agree, I am happy people, like A11en, are sitting up and taking notice. In my opinion, how a person is governed, and their principles are two of the most important aspects of their life. All too often we ignore or sweep this stuff under the carpet. I also feel we let our emotions drive our actions-most times without a serious look before we leap. What's wrong with slowing down and applying a little analysis?

I too wish A11en a good life and good hunting-although, I may not forgive him for coming back when things are rosy.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry
I may not forgive him for coming back when things are rosy.
What he is doing, may help things get "Rosy" quicker than the guy who ain't doing nothing. Just saying...

Times will never be "ROSY" if it's up to Dickenlooper and crew.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Doing nothing is sometimes better than doing the wrong thing.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Doing nothing is sometimes better than doing the wrong thing.
Please, give an example, how doing nothing can help this problem??

I'm on your guys side but I'm on A11en's side too.

This is just a piss poor situation.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog

When you bomb a village to get one terrorist but you end up killing 100 civilians. Thats when it's better to do nothing.

But it all depends on your sense of justification, if you think its ok to do that, then you have every right to believe it. I just don't think its wise to kill 99 for 1. It only turns the tide against us. Like ive stated, we've seen in combat that precision air strikes are key, not massive carpet bombing. We should take the lessons from war and apply it to this one.

I think we're all on the same side here, just the little quirks and differences are what is causing some animosity and disagreements. I didn't initially buy in to the: first its this then its that. But hey, I just wikipediad Australia and GB and it does seem like they lost their firearms the same path we are headed down now. I still don't think that we need more than 15 rounds in a magazine, but hey that should be my decision. It does worry me about people carrying higher capacity magazines to make up for CP or other handicaps because I wouldn't want them to spray off a bunch of bullets hoping to hit one guy and end up hitting bystanders. But I know that dangerous criminals won't care either way.

The affect gun control laws or lack thereof is the biggest item up for debate. Some people think that allowing us to be on the same footing as criminals will take down crime because criminals will be less likely to strike at armed citizens. Other people think that there will be an all out war in the streets with bystanders getting caught in the mix. Heck I don't know what the outcome would be, what works in other countries may not always work for us. We have a different society/culture along with a dangerous mexican border that other countries don't share. ***an and Australia both with very strict gun laws may have had a reduction in gun related crimes (depending on some statistics) but they are also an island and don't have the mexican cartel ramming them in the ass with cocaine, guns and crime.

I know this would never happen, but does anyone see mandatory military service with liberal gun laws (as in not restrictive) as a possible measure? I know that you can't fix stupid in some people but atleast the public would have general knowledge of guns, how to use them, and why not to be afraid of them. Or instead of mandatory military service, a mandatory 2 week course in high school about guns.

Just throwing some things out there for people to chew on. Hope this doesn't derail the thread, but I still standby what I stated previously, we shouldn't be targeting Colorado businesses indiscriminately.

Last edited by Chopayne; 03-24-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

What he is doing, may help things get "Rosy" quicker than the guy who ain't doing nothing. Just saying...
I guess I do not see it that way. I see a man taking his time, his money, and his effort elsewhere. And then, after a long hard fought battle in the trenches by others and upon a recovery, the man jumps back in as if nothing happened. You don't find that a little chicken poopish?

If, on the other hand, he does nothing (i.e no time, no money, or effort here) except address his non-participation to every Colorado representative, then by all means doing nothing is doing something.

To me, a boycott is a concerted effort of protest-it requires active and continuous engagement. The party being boycotted has to be aware of the boycott. Otherwise, they merely write the non-participation off as market sharing. Without full disclosure, the net effect of non-participation is zero.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

To answer your question Albert, no.

My daughter has the right to defend herself without mandatory military training. As her father, I have a duty to make her a productive member of society...independent and capable in countless ways. Many fathers fail in this duty...
Old 03-25-2013, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog

Kind of wishy washy. Are you for a boycott, or not?

A11en seems to think that if you aren't for the boycott. You're doing nothing. A very narrow point of view from someone who doesn't even live in Colordao.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Kind of wishy washy. Are you for a boycott, or not?

A11en seems to think that if you aren't for the boycott. You're doing nothing. A very narrow point of view from someone who doesn't even live in Colordao.
I agree, how do you just assume A11en that all of us CO residents just sat back and did nothing? I know of very many individuals, including myself, that spent many hours over the past months writing letters to all of our reps trying to convince them to vote no on these bills.
Currently there is a petition in my district to recall rep. Mike maclachlan for voting yes on these bills.

So stay on your high horse and think you are doing something by boycotting our great state and see where that gets you. How about join in the fight to overturn these bills? You have a say even though you are not a resident. Wh don't you put your money where your mouth is and donate to a cause that is trying to recall/overturn these bills rather than sit idly by while hunting another state!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Great dialog everyone, I'm glad to see we've not lost our motivation to make an argument. We need to do more of it, and not wait until bills are being developed and presented before we present our case.

If you are not an NRA member, that would be a great place to start. To someone's earlier point, we are slowly becoming the minority. We will lose our rights if we are not ALL activists. We need others to understand the 2nd amendment is about ensuring the security of a free state, not about being able to hunt.

We need to invite others to enjoy our shooting sports and recruit our youth. Please ask yourself and like minded friends - what have you done lately to enure the preservation of our 2nd amendment? Our success can be measured by the reversal of existing gun control laws, not just in CO, but laws that have been passed in CA, MA, and NY.

Lets ACT..... Lets ACT NOW. Lets hold each other accountable for complacency.

A11en... The trouble maker

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.