Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Boycott Colorado Hunting!!! >

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Old 03-25-2013, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

A11en,

Brother, I hope that name rings in Hickenlooper's ear for short duration of his governorship. "The trouble maker" to he and his ilks...what an honor!

Tear em up!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Kind of wishy washy. Are you for a boycott, or not?
I'm not wishy washy at all and I'm not to worried about hunters not showing up. I'm going up second season this year. I'll bet a hundred dollars to a doughnut hole that there will be more orange than you can shake a stick at.

This is a good thread and A11en and the rest of you, would be welcome around my campfire anytime.

Good hunting!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can count on orange in that season. Especially, in an OTC unit.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Spike

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion so I'm not having a crack at anyone but why does someone need a 15 or more shot pistol when they go hunting? or even a single shot pistol for that matter?

We arent allowed to hunt with pistols and going through the rigour to own one is enough to put you off buying one in my country but I've knocked plenty of animals without needing anything like that.

As for the protection side of things I understand where people come from e.g. I have a semi auto pistol to defend myself from a bad guy with a semi auto pistol. But here our semi autos were taken away about 20 years as well as the bad guy so now no one needs to them to defend themselves against someone else who also doesnt have one if that makes sense? anyway as I said I'm not for tightening gun laws or anything thats just my two bob of what its like here.

I personally wouldnt boycott a state for that reason though because there are a lot of genuine hunters and agencies that would need the financial support from hunting revenue

Last edited by SakoBavarian; 03-26-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:37 PM
Fork Horn

Someone brought up that us boycotting or leaving Colorado for hunting would only appease the anti hunters and people like PETA. I think that brings up a good point, if instead of boycotting, if the hunters came out in record numbers, would it make the people who were for the bill think twice? I mean after all, im sure they didn't intend on more hunters coming in. If it made more businesses and people move into Colorado who were against the bill, it would bring a larger voice to the community, totally the opposite of what everyone was expecting.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:46 AM
Spike

Hunters, recreational shooters, competition shooters, those who want to be able to protect themselves and families with a firearm, and anyone who enjoys using firearms in any way must stand together, or else we will be dismantled piece by piece by the antis.

"Why do you need a firearm with 15 rounds to hunt?" is not an honest question. It is meant to divide hunters from other shooters. Divide, then conquer.

If you think your firearms and love of hunting is safe because you use a bolt-action or single-shot only rifle, you are wrong and have a very limited understanding of how the antis work. It is up to you to read up on their tactics, and to see that their current plan here is the same as they used in parts of Europe and Australia to disarm almost everyone. Right now, Hickenlooper is playing the role of useful idiot to pursue his own political career. He does not care about the Constitution or hunters.

Out-of-state Colorado hunters (myself included) should boycott this year. Colorado reaps hundreds of millions from non-resident hunters, and this will show Hickenlooper the pain he's bringing to his state. I typically spend $1,500 to $2,000 in October in CO. Not this year. Me and my group of 4 have changed our plans and will probably head to Wisconsin instead.

NOW is the time to take a position. Not in a year or two, when half of our 2nd Amendment Rights have been stolen, and you realize you were wrong after they propose legislation to outlaw hunters' rifles.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice first post!

Yeah, taking money from the DOW and our businesses is going to help. You hurt the DOW. You hurt all hunters.

Do us a favor. Take your money elsewhere, and don't come back!

Knee jerk reactions, are usually made by jerks.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Spike

Looks like you've got your head in the sand and are thinking short-term. The people who are boycotting are thinking long-term about the implications of the legislation recently passed in Colorado. Those of us who boycott are not happy about it, but we hope that it will result in a better future for everyone, including you. You may be upset about losing revenue for a season, but when our firearms are outlawed for hunting, too, you will lose much more revenue. Think long-term, and what is best for hunters everywhere, not just your personal situation.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by SakoBavarian
I think everyone is entitled to their opinion so I'm not having a crack at anyone but why does someone need a 15 or more shot pistol when they go hunting? or even a single shot pistol for that matter?

We arent allowed to hunt with pistols and going through the rigour to own one is enough to put you off buying one in my country but I've knocked plenty of animals without needing anything like that.

As for the protection side of things I understand where people come from e.g. I have a semi auto pistol to defend myself from a bad guy with a semi auto pistol. But here our semi autos were taken away about 20 years as well as the bad guy so now no one needs to them to defend themselves against someone else who also doesnt have one if that makes sense? anyway as I said I'm not for tightening gun laws or anything thats just my two bob of what its like here.

I personally wouldnt boycott a state for that reason though because there are a lot of genuine hunters and agencies that would need the financial support from hunting revenue
It's with your exact mindset there in Australia that you don't have the right to own much of anything and why you need to keep it right there!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Nice first post!

Yeah, taking money from the DOW and our businesses is going to help. You hurt the DOW. You hurt all hunters.

Do us a favor. Take your money elsewhere, and don't come back!

Knee jerk reactions, are usually made by jerks.
+1000 Muley!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.