Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Boycott Colorado Hunting!!! >

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Old 04-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

You're slinging a lot of accusations in your quoted post. I'll respond in blue ink for clarity.

Originally Posted by buzzelkhunter
After reading these post it quite clear that a good number of you think that our 2nd amendment has something to do with hunting.
The 2nd amendment definitely makes it easier to hunt (with firearms) but no, I don't think most members think the 2nd amendment is just about hunters.

I don't need a gun that carries 15 round when hunting, do you even have a brain.
Many states prohibit hunting with guns that hold more than a specific # of rounds (usually something like 3-5). Varmint hunting, on the other hand, typically doesn't have such a prohibition which just makes it that much more fun.

Our rights have nothing to do with hunting that what liberals what you to believe.
That's true.

When more people are killed with a knife than a rifle, so why are they trying to ban simi auto's, because they aren't used for hunting, that what they want you to think.
Your sentence is hard to follow (see above) but if you are trying to say that more people were killed with knives than with rifles, that was true at one point and possibly not true now according to FBI stats posted by Snopes (see below link). I understand your attempted logic but don't think it's the best way to make your case.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/baseballbats.asp

But the truth is that is just where they are starting.
That's true.

Get rid of the easier ones first.
True also.

In war there are sometimes casualties.
I'm not aware of any war where there are no casualties.

So yes it will hurt outfitters who didn't support this ban.
That seems short sighted.

Its will also hurt hotels owner, stores, gas stations,gift shops, we are not talking about just hunters boycotting Colorado we are talking tourist, skiers, business.
I'm not sure about all of these connections. Perhaps you could explain this part a little more.

If you own a gun don't spend your money in Colorado.
I haven't hunted in Colorado yet but hope to do so someday. I'd rather spend some money getting the anti-gun pols in Colorado voted out of office.

So will some people get hurt that didn't support this bill? Yes in war and this is a war innocent get hurt.
As Americans and again as gunowners and hunters, we're supposed to be the good guys. Hurting somebody innocent doesn't seem like a productive strategy.

But if we don't stand together all gun owners we will all stand to lose.
We do need to stand together as gunowners but we also need a better strategy to ram this back down the throats of Colorado pols who voted it in.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:23 AM
Fork Horn

Well muley hunter, or pete I am a hunter and have hunted for the last 40 years in Colorado. Second if you think this is about hunting your not all that smart. Liberals what to make this about hunting, not about the truth and that is they are taking our god given right to own and bear arms. The same arm that police say they need. Now tell me something, why do the police need these guns and 15 round mag but we don't. The last time I looked they were dealing with, and encounter with the same bad guys we are.
You must really think youre the smartest guy in the world. Behold our savior.

Like Calhunter stated, its not all about hunting no. But the businesses which depend on hunting as a large source of their income, will be severely hurt. Again, take a look from a small business owners perspective.

If you were a small business owner that depended largely on hunters in Colorado, then would you really be advocating for this? No. You're only for this boycott because you don't know or care about those businesses. Sure people get hurt in war, but it doesn't have to be in this fight. You said that hotels and grocery stores etc would get hurt, this is true, but NOT as much as those companies which depend largely on the hunting community.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

The gun-grabbers' agenda is dependent upon being able to pick apart segments of gunowners and separate them from their guns.

No one's against banning "cheap" guns, right? "Saturday Night Specials"? Yet, it's interesting that I've been in a couple of homes of elder and very poor people and that's what I find them protecting their lives and what little property they have with. It's all they could afford, in spite of often being inherently unsafe.

At the other end of the spectrum, let's consider the whole "long range" discussion. Some of you here would love to bag an elk or deer at 800 yards. Some of you here would call that unethical. Some of you are traditional blackpowder or bow hunters and may not care either way. I heard it a couple of weeks ago. "Our founding fathers didn't need sniper scopes on their hunting rifles." If that portion of the agenda were to meet those gunowners/hunters who believe long-range hunting is "unethical", aided by apathetic responses from those hunters who "don't care" .... How would you project the outcome? Nothing more powerful than 4x? Iron sights only?

That's exactly what's happened now with the latest spate of "assault weapon" and standard-capacity magazine bans. The "unethicals" and "don't cares" didn't show up to the debate, or worse - they actively allied themselves with the gun-grab agenda.

"United we stand, divided we fall" has never been more applicable to us than it is right now.

Colorado is at a tipping point. More and more hunters and 2A supporters I know there are talking of moving their residences elsewhere. Their loss as pro-2A voters will only solidify the political stranglehold the anti-2A front range has on the rest of the state. If you can't move there, bolster their ranks, and with your collective votes push the Caliban back to whence they came, Colorado will be lost. If you're unable to move there, the least you can do is continue to support the voters there who are still in the fight, as well as the organizations attempting to daylight the front range's agenda for Colorado.

There is, I believe, a "sleeping giant" in Colorado - all those people in rural areas who believe their votes don't count, and who didn't vote. Wake that giant up. Get them to the polls and crush the Denver-Boulder political bloc.

Last edited by homers brother; 04-05-2013 at 04:11 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well muley hunter, or pete I am a hunter and have hunted for the last 40 years in Colorado. Second if you think this is about hunting your not all that smart. Liberals what to make this about hunting, not about the truth and that is they are taking our god given right to own and bear arms. The same arm that police say they need. Now tell me something, why do the police need these guns and 15 round mag but we don't. The last time I looked they were dealing with, and encounter with the same bad guys we are.
I asked you if you're a hunter, because I want to know why you joined this forum. If you're a hunter, that's fine.

You might want to drop asking if someone has a brain, or say they aren't smart if they don't agree with you. I'm surprised you haven't got banned yet.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Let me ask this question to some of you boycotting.

If this isn't just about hunting. If it's about all gun owners.

Why are you just boycotting hunting?

Maryland is trying to pass a bill that you'll need to give fingerprints when you buy a gun.

You all better start to attack more than Colorado.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Might as well add CT to the list as they just passed similar gun legislation.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I did mention it earlier in the thread, but everybody boycotting has Colorado tunnel vision.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

+1 on what homers brother said.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is what I think:

I will be carrying a muzzleloader and listening to bulls sing near Glenwood in Sept! Have made a lot of friends there and I am not going to abandon them in their hour of need.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:50 AM
Fork Horn

Txhunter58,

Your making sense---good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.