Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Where were you on 9/11 hunters? for book project >

Where were you on 9/11 hunters? for book project

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Where were you on 9/11 hunters? for book project

Old 08-09-2003, 02:04 PM

Default Where were you on 9/11 hunters? for book project

Greetings from Colorado

I am working on a book project called " Where were you on 9/11" this project will share stories and personal experiences of hunters in the field, and those fishing
I am currently working on a book project g and finding out how the world changed in a matter of a few hours back in New York City. Where were you, what were you doing and how did you react when you heard the terrible news when you returned from the field or waters?

There is no compensation for your submission, but lets tell the world we as hunters and fishing people that we were just as shocked as the rest of America. I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Please send submissions to:
Dr. Michael Brooks
11677 west 62nd Ave. #10
Arvada, Colorado 80004

Or e-mail to:
[email protected]
Old 08-09-2003, 02:08 PM

Default RE: Where were you on 9/11 hunters? for book project

I was driving to work @ the time listening on the radio. All day at work we all pretty much huddled around the radios and kept them playing all through the day. Figured the best we could do was to keep on working[:@]
Old 08-09-2003, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me and my wife were dropping our kidds off at the sitters when the first plane hit the towers.My heart sank, and i did not want to leave the T.V..At work we rigged up a t.v and watched.God Bless the U.S.A
Old 08-09-2003, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

It was my birthday. I was drivin' to work when I heard the news. I stopped to git breakfast, an' nobody knew in the resteraunt. There was a mexican radio station playin' in the kitchen, but the cook wouldn' t change the station. Nobody believed me. We ate at a resort that night, only one other couple in the place. Somber day.
Old 08-10-2003, 07:57 AM

Was at the NMLRA shoot at Friendship, IN. I' ll email you.
Old 08-10-2003, 05:39 PM

I was about to leave Little Rock, AR, and drive to Colorado to hunt Mulies. While hunting, we were obviously concerned and anxious to find out what was going on. While hunting, it made me appreciate all I have and enjoy the beauty around me.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:16 AM

I was on the bus, on my way to my job at WTC 7th floor, all of my company made it out except for one who was on a higher floor for a meeting. lost some friends ,
what a mess--------hope we learned some lessons, i pray it never happens again anywhere
Old 08-11-2003, 12:12 PM
Spike

Yes, my son will never forget that day. We were in Maine on his very first big game hunt in persuit of black bear. He was lucky enough that morning to take a 285 pound sow. Talk about mixed emotions. My son had just killed his first bear, and then hearing of the towers. Later that day we found out that flight 94 went down in Somerset PA, only 30 miles from our home. A couple of days later CBS reported that they thought that some of the terrorist had entered the country through Jackman Maine. Wow,,,,, that' s where we were! My son was eleven at the time, and I don' t think he' ll ever forget that one.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:38 PM

Greetings from Colorado,

What a great story! I appreciated your taking the time to help me with this project, the response has been overwhelming and very positive. I would to use your subject material, I was wondering, can I get you to add to it, what did you do when you heard that the TT were distroyed? Did you weep as you heard the news? How did you explain to your son what was going on? Those kind of reactions, what were the people doing around you?and do you have a picture of you and your son with the bear? I would like to show a face to a story, and you have a great father and son story to share, and maybe get his reaction in words as well, if you can send pictures and your additinal information to:

Dr. Michael Brooks
11677 West 62nd Ave. #10
Arvada, CO 80004

Thanks so much, I reallt do appreciate your help, take care and God bless the USA
Old 08-11-2003, 01:45 PM

Greetings from Colorado,

Thank you for sharing your story, you have the makings of adding a nice section to help with this book, I was wondering, can you add to what you have shared with me, I am looking for a page or two of how did the 9/11 effect your hunting? What did you run into as you met people along the way, at gas stations, listening to eople talk as maybe you ate at MacDonalds? What did you guys do as you drove out to Colorado? Listen to the radio, talk about it? When you first saw and heard about the attacks, what did you do? Call people, get angry, want revenge..and if you have some pictures of the hunt, that would help put a name to a face, anything you can send would be very helpful, please send info and pictures to:
Dr. Michael Brooks
11677 west 62nd Ave. #10
Arvada, CO 80004

Thanks again for your help, take care and God bless the USA!

Quick Reply: Where were you on 9/11 hunters? for book project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.