Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Dall Sheep Hunt...

Old 08-24-2003, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Dall Sheep Hunt...

My dad left last Thursday for Brooks Range, Alaska, for his first sheep hunt. Wish him luck, and lets hope the weather stays well. I' ll keep you posted on how things are when I hear from him.
Old 08-24-2003, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dall Sheep Hunt...

Cool, I hope he does well. Lots of good sheep in the Brooks, and lots of area that has never been touched. The weather has been decent, but foggy just north of that where I work, so hopefully he' ll get some clear days. The temps have been in the 30' s in Deadhorse, so he' s probably going to be chilly some nights. We already saw snow on the mountains when I flew out on Thursday.
Old 08-24-2003, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ABM, he was kind of worried about the snow. Granted, we live in NW Wisconsin and we get plenty of snow thanks to Lake Superior. But he trained for the last month pretty steady, but it' s not the same without the snow. Fog can be a big problem too I hear. We' ll see. I wish I could have gone!
Old 08-26-2003, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I talked with my dad tonight and he said he shot a 37.5 inch ram. Said the horns were really heavy and it was borderline Boone and Crockett. Hunting trip was a good time, can' t wait to see some pics.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats to your dad. That is a dream hunt for me, a moose/dall combo to be more specific.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:41 PM
nub

Tell your dad we all said CONGRATS![:-] Gun or bow?
Old 08-27-2003, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kinda tough to get them sheep with a bow I think Nub. Unless you' re Fred Bear and can take ' em at 100 yards. He used my gun a 7mm mag. He' s got a .338 for most of his big game hunting but said mine was lighter. Go figure. He' ll be back tomorrow, hopefully with some pics.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:45 AM
nub

Kinda tough to get them sheep with a bow I think Nub
Thats the beauty of Archery.[:-]
Old 08-28-2003, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Came back today. He' s sleeping but I stole a couple pics already. His ram was 37.5 inches wide. Scored just under Boone and Crockett. Somewhere in the 150 range I believe. His guide told him it would more than likely be the best one to come out of Brooks Range this year. Here are the pics.

Old 08-28-2003, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great pictures thanks for posting them.

Quick Reply: Dall Sheep Hunt...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.