Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

DIY Big Game Hunt

Old 12-21-2011, 07:45 AM
Spike

Default DIY Big Game Hunt

Me and a few friends are wanting to do a big game hunt out west/north somewhere. We have all been hunting for a while and have numerous experiences so any big game would be welcomed and tips appreciated. We were looking for somewhere that is fairly secluded with good numbers of animals. Just hoping we could get some good advice from some of you that have hunted/live in these parts. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Old 12-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bcottrill
Me and a few friends are wanting to do a big game hunt out west/north somewhere. We have all been hunting for a while and have numerous experiences so any big game would be welcomed and tips appreciated. We were looking for somewhere that is fairly secluded with good numbers of animals. Just hoping we could get some good advice from some of you that have hunted/live in these parts. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Well in CA you can get a tag OTC and hunt some blacktails, crosses or bears on lots of public land. The public land won't be "secluded," but your sure to see some critters.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Spike

Antelope hunts are usually fun, wyoming would be the best bet
Old 12-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Spike

I love hunting for Muley's and Antelope in Wyoming around 10/1. The antelope are in full rut. Bucks are either tending harems, fighting or tracking hot does. Most hunting shows are shot during the pre-rut so it's Antelope hunting like you have never seen.

Here is a video I shot of my son taking a pronghorn the 2010 season! Good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqj06...yer_detailpage

Last edited by shootlong; 12-22-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:14 PM
car
Typical Buck

Just like what was said, antelope are fun to hunt with good success. I love bear hunting but, alot more work to it and not as good odds vs antelope.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Spike

I agree with shootlong and car. Wyoming antelope tags are easy to draw and the sucess rates are very high. We traveled out there in 2011. Six guys, 12 tags, all filled up in four days. Lots of public land and tons of animals.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would suggest you check websites of the states you would consider as you will probably need to apply for any limited licenses. In Colorado the deadline is the first tuesday of april. In Wyoming I believe its earlier.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by wiscoarcher
I agree with shootlong and car. Wyoming antelope tags are easy to draw and the sucess rates are very high. We traveled out there in 2011. Six guys, 12 tags, all filled up in four days. Lots of public land and tons of animals.
Where did you hunt in 2011?
Old 01-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Spike

You'll have to excuse me for my slow response shootlong. I am new to this site and still trying to figure it out. We hunted in GMU 9. If you have any specific questions send me a PM and I will get you some more details.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Spike

The antelope are in full rut. Bucks are either tending harems, fighting or tracking hot does.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.