Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Area 66 Colorado Elk Hunting >

Area 66 Colorado Elk Hunting

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Area 66 Colorado Elk Hunting

Old 02-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

For a guaranteed tag in 66 for the first season, you needed 3 points, for second season: 1, for 3rd and 4th: 0.

Looks like success rates ran from 30-35% for rifle seasons which is better than state average.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Spike

Keep in mind 10% hunters take 90% of the elk. Do your scouting and leg work and you should be sucsessfull with a first season rifle tag.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Spike

For some cut and dry easy read info go to www.publiclandforthepoorman.com
Old 02-24-2011, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

I had just looked at the rifle seasons. You said you would be hunting in October. Only rifle seasons in October.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Spike

I have hunted with Mineral Mountain Outfitters the past 6 years and will be in one of their drop camps next month. Have you got all your questions answered.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Just an update for GMU 66. My uncle (non-resident), dad, and I (residents) all drew our elk tags in GMU 66 this year (2014 second rifle season). We each had 1 point going into the draw and put in as a group. My dad and uncle had cow tags and I had a bull tag. Only the bull tag was filled but we saw a decent amount of elk.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why don't you just start a new thread instead of bringing up these old threads? It's annoying.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Why don't you just start a new thread instead of bringing up these old threads? It's annoying.
Yep. Guy joins the forum this month and he is all over threads that have been dormant for years. Never have figured out why some folks do stuff like that.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flags
Yep. Guy joins the forum this month and he is all over threads that have been dormant for years. Never have figured out why some folks do stuff like that.
flags...There was a specific reason, which is if you search Colorado GMU 66 on a search engine (for example) the only real information that gets pulled up is some of these older threads. Thats exactly what I did a few years ago when I started hunting 66. It was helpful to me to be able to find that information casually and quickly. I also said it was an UPDATE on 66 and wanted it linked to the older posts for a reason. People still read these older threads even though they aren't posted in. I had no idea I'd upset the two of you and didn't do it intentionally. I didn't realize this was so "annoying" and from now on I'll start a new thread.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by westernspeed
flags...There was a specific reason, which is if you search Colorado GMU 66 on a search engine (for example) the only real information that gets pulled up is some of these older threads.
I fully understand that search engines bring up old threads. However, common sense dictates there was a reason the old threads became dormant. That's because they were beat to death. Bringing them back up means you're either too lazy to start a new one with new ideas or you just want to see your own posts.

Leave dead posts in the dust bin of history. If you want to discuss something do it anew and if you want you can provide a link to the dormant thread. That's just common courtesy. You dug up several old dead posts at the same time. Not a good way for a newcomer to start out. We don't care about things several years old. We care about now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.