Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bear Bait/ Honey Burn

Old 09-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Spike

Default Bear Bait/ Honey Burn

I have been reading up on the Honey burn. I can't seen to find out when to burn . Should I have the Honey burn operating while I'm at the Blind or just lit it to smell up the area.

Looking for opinions
Old 09-30-2011, 08:04 AM
Spike

Do your honey burn while you're in your blind, and remember to have something for the bear to eat when he/she gets there, or they will ignore the next honey burn you do, they're smart, and will soon catch on that its a trick, unless there really is some chow at the end of the scent trail.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Spike

Question on the Honey Burn

Do you let the honey/mollasses burn away total to the point of Smoke or just until the honey/Molasses is almost gone, hence NO smoke.

Also Is it oK to have the Honey burn up high or should I put it on the ground?

Cheers and Happy hunting
Ray
Old 10-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Spike

Let it burn. After all thats what its called, right? A honey burn. But either should work, and you want the oder to be carried by the wind, so the higher the better, I'd think. Glad your bear has come back, must have found another free meal somewhere else, but came back to the steady supply of grub that you're putting out for him. Hope you connect.

Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 10-06-2011 at 09:54 AM.