Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
colorado elk hunting- unit 67 >

colorado elk hunting- unit 67

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

colorado elk hunting- unit 67

Old 04-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Spike

There ain't to many deer in Unit 67 up high. I've been hunting down there off and on for 15 years, mainly 1st or 4th season. The weather can be so different each year. One year bowhunting it snowed every day. Last year 4th season was no snow and not to cold. Alot of moose in this area. Send me a PM if you want more info.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by elkdeerbear
There ain't to many deer in Unit 67 up high. I've been hunting down there off and on for 15 years, mainly 1st or 4th season. The weather can be so different each year. One year bowhunting it snowed every day. Last year 4th season was no snow and not to cold. Alot of moose in this area. Send me a PM if you want more info.

I just started getting back into the hunting forums, so I just read your message.

I drew a 67 elk muzzy tag, my dad drew 67 muzzy deer tag, and my brother should be getting a 67 muzzy elk tag.

We are planning on consintraiting on elk, and just hopeing we might come across a nice deer!

Where would you recomend starting hunting? From the people I have talked to and the maps ive seen, we are thinking of starting around the saw tooth mtn. area. I was told deer creek and beiver creek? or do you think we should start higher up to the south in wilderness area?
Old 08-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Spike

Exclamation Been There-Done That

I hunted Unit 67 last september in La Garita Wilderness. Burned up all points on a muzzleloader tag-outfitter was more interested in$$$ than our hunt and our success. Saw elk, everything was above timber line and it was a tough climb every morning. 4 hunters in a wilderness base camp at 10,400 feet- no success-none would recommend our outfitter to friend or foe. we hunted just north of the continental divide along Cochetopa Creek in the La Garita wilderness. There is a trailhead on The Skyline Trail for access to the area. If you are young and in good shape, you can find elk there. we saw a couple of big ones, but with no trees for cove up there all we could do was look at a distance. Not much oxygen up there. We are going to go into Unit 24 with over the counter tags in 2nd rifle this year. Any tips on that unit would be helpful. We'll be east of Meeker.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Spike

Sorry, but I haven't been on the site since May 24. I'll send you a PM adamwipp07. Got some info. that might help. Jeff
Old 10-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Spike

Default Colorado Unit 67

Just wanted to check and see if you drew tags for Unit 67 I have hunted there for years good unit for deer and elk. I have also hunted Unit 54 & Unit 55 for a bit as well. Let me know. Thanks.