Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Montana Elk Hunting

Old 07-21-2003, 05:25 PM

Default Montana Elk Hunting

Any of you Montana hunters ever get into the Beaverhead NF Much. I' m going to be hunting with an outfitter in the Odell mountain area east of Wisdom. I' m curious about the quality/quantity of elk in the area and the type of terrain. I' ve been studying my topos and from what I can tell it looks like it should be pretty good wapiti habitat.

Only 103 days to go!!!!
Old 07-21-2003, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Montana Elk Hunting

Hey Dremin_bout Elk,
You might be dreamin about them but for the last few months I' ve been having nightmares about a unfilled bull tag.
I was down that way 2 years ago just south of Odell Mtn.,real good elk country seen tons and tons of cows,could not cath the bulls though.I was there for 4 days,if we would of had some snow it could have been better.Freind of mine drew a moose tag down there and he said the bull elk wre thick along the river.If it' s BSI don' t know he did come home with a 51" moose.He said the bow hunters were just driving by them.I never gone back since my one hunt to far from the door step when you' ve got elk hunt' in just a few miles away.Only 47 days from Bow season,and three weeks from special permits,AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!