Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wyoming Landowner list

Old 07-17-2010, 09:06 AM
Spike

Default Wyoming Landowner list

Has anyone had any luck with these? I have only found ranches that were already leased to outfitters or had very few deer.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:19 AM
Spike

Maybe I got lucky ,
i used it in the early and mid. 90s and again this year. What unit are you looking to hunt ?
Old 07-21-2010, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, I think it would depend on what unit you were looking to hunt in. With a unit with relatively few permits and which is over subscribed, expect to find the land leased up by outfitters. In a unit that has relatively many permits and only slightly over subscribed or in fact undersubscribed (100% draw odds for non-residents), you should find such land owners. My own experience is in Unit 23 near Gillette. Lots of land owners there can be found on the list of land owners accepting tresspass fees to let you hunt their land.

If you are looking for a trophy pronghorn -- a pronghorn with big horns -- you need to hunt the units that are more limited so some of the animals live long enough to grow the bigger horns. But in those units, outfitters often lease the land where the big pronghorn reside. Thus, if you want a trophy, you generally have to pay for it. That's the way the cookie crumbles. A solution is to just go out for a good hunt on public ground in an undersubscribed area such as 23 or 24 and be satisfied with a 12" or 13" buck or a doe. The meat is as good or better, the hunt is just as fun. Even if you get a small head mounted it looks cool anyway. I mounted my son's 12.5" pronghorn and it looks really cool. But it is not a "trophy" in the sense of an outstanding, statistically exceptional head. For that you are looking for 16", 17" maybe. It was his first big game animal.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Spike

We were planning a hunt near Wheatland this last year but the outfitter cancelled on us when he lost his lease. I think he didn't have the money to pay for it. We are not looking for monsters just an area where we could see a couple of good deer and are open to areas for next year. I wish there was a list of landowners set for tresspass hunts, many you call didn't even know they were on the list.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:38 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by headhunter353
Maybe I got lucky ,
i used it in the early and mid. 90s and again this year. What unit are you looking to hunt ?
I've tried several places to get a land owner list. May I ask where you acquired yours?

Thanks