Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Moose draw for Maine & NH

Old 06-17-2010, 11:10 AM
car
Typical Buck

Default Moose draw for Maine & NH

Tonight and tomorrow night is the moose draw. Good luck to all.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:08 AM
car
Typical Buck

Maine nope
NH nope
Old 06-19-2010, 03:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

I couldn't apply this year or next as I was drawn last year! That was my first time from the beginning of it all. I was going to be a sub if any of them got a draw but that never happen this year. Maybe next year as the wife, son, and daughter all took thier hunter safety coarses this year..
Old 06-21-2010, 02:43 AM
Spike

Default District 23 question and more

Hi Phil,

No such luck for me either but my youngest son got picked for a bull permit up in District 3 - same district I got selected for back in 2006 - so I'm hoofing along as a subpermittee.

Looking forward to pitching my tent again in this place (Trafton Lake in Limestone) and hitting the woods and fields again for some scouting.

Another one of my hunting companions got picked for a bull or cow permit for the month long November hunt in District 23. It looks like a tough zone - 13% success rate last year.

Got any tips/suggestions for him?

Thanks - Jay
Old 06-21-2010, 02:46 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck. I tent camped for my VT moose hunt last year and wouldn't you know it but it stayed in the twenties which made camping a bit uncomfortable. I took a Cow on the third day because I was ready to get it over with. That and I had already taken two bulls before, one in VT and one in NH.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:03 AM
car
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by moosemike
Good luck. I tent camped for my VT moose hunt last year and wouldn't you know it but it stayed in the twenties which made camping a bit uncomfortable. I took a Cow on the third day because I was ready to get it over with. That and I had already taken two bulls before, one in VT and one in NH.
Wow you're one lucky hunter to draw so many moose tags. Maybe next year you could fill mine out for me and maybe that would change my luck lol
Old 06-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

no luck here for ME...
Old 06-23-2010, 02:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

one of my hunting companions got picked for a bull or cow permit for the month long November hunt in District 23. It looks like a tough zone - 13% success rate last year.

Got any tips/suggestions for him?
I can not say a heck of a lot about that area. It is one of the harder areas to hunt. From what I understand, there is a quite a bit of posted land in that zone. anything i can find out about that area I will PM you on..
Old 07-13-2010, 05:01 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
I can not say a heck of a lot about that area. It is one of the harder areas to hunt. From what I understand, there is a quite a bit of posted land in that zone. anything i can find out about that area I will PM you on..

Thanks for the info sent Phil, your sharing is much appreciated!

- Jay
Old 07-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Spike

Smile another permit

Got picked for the second time in NH,zone A2. I've been hunting deer and partridge there since 1985. Going to use my 475 pistol again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.