Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

mem weekend getaway

Old 06-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default mem weekend getaway

Woke up on saturday morning with no plans for the weekend so dicided to pack up the truck and head to Nebraska ia have heard good things about deer hunting in the NW corner of the state with the pine ridge and the oglala grasslands. Always wanted to check things out but never got around to it. Spent two days in Nebraska checked out the chadron forest Ft Robinson St Park saw a few deer bot whitetail and mule deer not a lot of deer but that time of year where they arent moving much. Went to the grasslands and did lots of driving and glassing saw tons and tons of antelope but not a single mule deer i am really suprised cause I have heard great things about the mule deer hunting there.
Anyvody ever hunt there any hints on where to look for mulies out on the plains?
Then went thorough the black hills on way home and checked out my favorite turkey area looking for deer. Saw tons of deer as usual in the black hills of SD also walked up to within 50 yds of herd of cow elk that was awesome.
It was a great weekend outdoors
Attached Thumbnails mem weekend getaway-img_0076.jpg