Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Need Organs/innards

Old 05-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Spike

Default Need Organs/innards

I know some hunters throw away organs and innards I would like to take them off your hands and/or buy. Most people dont eat any organs really except the liver and heart so to those that throw away organs I would like to buy them from you.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

Why? In most states, there are restrictions relative to sale of any edible portions of game animals. You can generally sell the cape, hide, skull, etc... Can't sell the meat. Organs may be a gray area.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Spike

correct me if I'am wrong but i have seen goose and deer meat on sell, I have also seen wild salmon
Old 05-26-2010, 08:59 PM
Typical Buck

The wild salmon is no doubt processed commercially by those that have the licenses and permits to do so. Most "wild" game meat you can buy at the store or in a restaurant has been raised on game farms and not harvested by hunters. It is the same with fish. Trout bought at the grocery store was likely raised on fish farms, not bought from individual anglers.

I'm just saying that most states restrict sales of edible portions of game birds/animals/fish... You will want to ascertain the laws in your state (as you would no doubt be buying from local hunters) to ensure no one got in trouble.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

In Utah you can donate wild game meat to someone but you cannot sell it. The donation process has lots of rules around it too.