Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Grizzly bear movie???

Old 05-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Grizzly bear movie???

im trying to find an old movie on netflix, maybe you guys can help me out. All i remember is, 2 guys in the late 1800s I guess, are tracking bears in AK or the yukon, and one shoot a big grizzly in the shoulder but it lives. they track it throughout the movie, and at the end, the bear corners the hunter on a ledge, but decides to let the hunter live(holywood BS I know), but does this ring a bell for anyone? I think it came out in the 80s but Im not sure. Thanks
Old 05-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nevermind I found it. its called " The Bear" (Duh) anyone ever seen it? anyone wanna recommend other good hunting movies, besides the usual ones?
Old 05-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

"The Bear" was my favorite movie for a long time, when the cub ate the shrooms and tripped it was hilarious.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I came across another blast from the past- "never cry wolf" ,anyone remember that?
Old 05-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Bear, was great.

The Edge was also awesome! big grizzly bear too, Alec Baldwin, Anthony Hopkins,etc...
Old 05-22-2010, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
I came across another blast from the past- "never cry wolf" ,anyone remember that?
Just an FYI, "Never Cry Wolf" is played off like it's a factual account of a real biologist in the Canadian wilderness. In reality the whole movie is a work of fiction that was written by a Canadian comedian. It's entertaining, but it's far from the truth.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:56 AM
Typical Buck

I remember the Bear. Great movie. A movie not to see is Grizzly Man.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want to laugh your butt off, look up some of the parodies of " Grizzly Man" on youtube..Some funny stuff, at the expense of our poor late friend Timothy Tastewell..

My favorite is entitled " Grizzly Bear Man"...It's hilarious...
Old 05-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AK Jeff
Just an FYI, "Never Cry Wolf" is played off like it's a factual account of a real biologist in the Canadian wilderness. In reality the whole movie is a work of fiction that was written by a Canadian comedian. It's entertaining, but it's far from the truth.
That pretty much goes for any hollywood movie, and even most discovery "documentarys". Even jerimiah jonson, which was based on a real person, is far from an accurate portrayal of the real 1800s trapper named john johnson. The movie, "never cry wolf", was obviously made to create sympathy for wolves. just like "the bear", "bambi", and a ton of other HW movies, are made to create an antihunting sentiment. I still watch and love,those movies cause unlike most people that watch em, Im well aware its all BS.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK, Im watching "the bear" right now, howd they get that little bear to do all that stuff? Cute little booger though. Like to know where this is supposed to take place, I didnt know red stag, ferrets, and grizzly brears co-habitated anywhere on this planet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.