Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Colorado cow elk

Old 03-28-2010, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Colorado cow elk

I am looking for an area in Colorado to do a cow elk hunt this year. I know some good (but very tough) areas well, but am looking for an "easier" hunt this time due to a recent health issue. I am going to use two points, so any unit should be available - I just want a walk-in place (no stinking fourwheelers) where the climbing won't be too bad. Any suggestions? 61?
Old 03-28-2010, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would think unit 61 would be a really fun hunt! I have heard that the terrain is OK except that you can get down into some nasty canyons. Would be great to see some big bulls while hunting for a cow!
Old 03-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

What season?
Old 03-29-2010, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Cajun
What season?
Probably the "second" season - first rifle season allowed for cow hunting in a unit, but another season is a possibility. I don't want to join the large amount of hunters that usually hunt the last cow season in most units.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
Probably the "second" season - first rifle season allowed for cow hunting in a unit, but another season is a possibility. I don't want to join the large amount of hunters that usually hunt the last cow season in most units.

I sent you a PM.