Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
trophy bonded bear claw bullets >

trophy bonded bear claw bullets

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

trophy bonded bear claw bullets

Old 03-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Spike

Default trophy bonded bear claw bullets

I just picked up some of these in 225 grain for my new 35 whelen
Does anybody have any experience with these performance on game accuracy etc I am going to use them on a black bear hunt in maine any info appreciated thanks
Old 03-25-2010, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

The TBBC are some of the best bonded bullets made. However out of the Whelen are not necessary for deer and black bear. If hunting in areas where the big bears reside then by all means. As far as accuracy only your gun can answer that.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by thndrchiken
The TBBC are some of the best bonded bullets made. However out of the Whelen are not necessary for deer and black bear. If hunting in areas where the big bears reside then by all means. As far as accuracy only your gun can answer that.
Yeah, what Chicken said! Great bullet BIG caliber (It kicks BIG too!!).
Old 03-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

a fellow hunter was shooting them on black bear in Vancouver island, BC, saw him pull out a perfect mushroom out of his dead bear, very nice/impressed, that's about all I know though.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Dad uses them for elk hunting. They have performed well every time.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:03 AM
Spike

good boolits, never heard anything bad said of them yet.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

Can't bring myself to spending as much as they want for them.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Spike

I got a pretty good price ( for factory ammo $34, I dont reload) I bought these and remington core lokts $31 I bought the core lokts to sight in with and use for whitetails and the tbbc for bear I am not a big fan of core lokts although I know many people are and I know I probably dont need a bonded bullet for bear but I figured with hunting over bait shots are close and although a whelen isnt really a high velocity gun like most magnums I thought maybe a bonded bullet would expand enough yet still hold together if I happened to hit shoulder does anyone think shooting a bonded bullet will cause me any problems the only other factory ammo I have seen is nosler accubonds and partitions but they are hard to find Would I be better off shooting these if I can get some??
Old 04-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

The TBBC is a great bullet. The only thing I have ever herd about them is one friend of mine could not get them to shoot well in his rifle. He switched to the Nosler Partitions and his rifle shot better.
I would think the TBBC would be a great bullet for what you intend to use it for. Take some ammo and targets to the range and let your rifle decide if it likes shooting the TBBC?
You still have time to special order other ammo for your 35-Whelen if you need too? IF the TBBC ammo does not shoot well in your rifle? The Nosler Accubond or Partition will expand not explode on impact at close range.
I can not think of a better black bear rifle than a 35-Whelen.

Have fun & good luck hunting,

W.K.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default they are a quality bullet

Just double lung him

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.