Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Spider bull

Old 02-28-2010, 04:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default Spider bull

As anyone heard of or seen the UT world record bull elk?
Old 02-28-2010, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw it. They had a replica shoulder mount of it at the Cabelas in Lehi, UT. That is one monster Elk!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 06:19 AM
Typical Buck

This bull was being watched all summer while in velvet and when hunting season started he vanished for awhile. The guy who killed it bought the governors tag, $200,000 was the amount making the rounds on the internet. This bull sure stirred alot of emotions from all types of people. There are videos of him on the internet, feeding on grass. He was "dead bull walking" as soon as he was found.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

what did he score?
Old 02-28-2010, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

It was over 500, I don't remember the actual score off the top of my head.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Hunter_59
This bull was being watched all summer while in velvet and when hunting season started he vanished for awhile. The guy who killed it bought the governors tag, $200,000 was the amount making the rounds on the internet. This bull sure stirred alot of emotions from all types of people. There are videos of him on the internet, feeding on grass. He was "dead bull walking" as soon as he was found.
I read the stories of the outtfitter tryng to run people out of the area, blocking roads so no one would interfear with the hunt. World record elk and deer is a sport for the rich and famous. I don't get excited looking at these animals any more because they are either farm raised or cost 300,000 to hunt or both. I would rather read a story of the average guy who went into the timber and harvested a raghorn diy.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

just looked at some videos of him on youtube and he is a BIGGG!!!Bull!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by pats102862
I read the stories of the outtfitter tryng to run people out of the area, blocking roads so no one would interfear with the hunt. World record elk and deer is a sport for the rich and famous. I don't get excited looking at these animals any more because they are either farm raised or cost 300,000 to hunt or both. I would rather read a story of the average guy who went into the timber and harvested a raghorn diy.
Ya I totally agree
Old 02-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I'll post my two cents, worth priced charged. I'm an outfitter, and I do not support what happened with the spider bull. I may lose some business by saying this, but I can't help it. If clients paid me to sit my guides on a bull I would walk. I have tremendous respect for elk, for the environment, and for the sport of hunting. What happened with the spider bull was flat out wrong. I believe and fair chase, and always go out of my way to provide clients with the hunt of a lifetime, but I will not cross legal or ethical boundaries. The spider bull deserved better than what he got. I do not outfit for the money, but for the lifestyle. There are just somethings I won't do, and i won't take money for. You only get one crack at life, and I would rather sleep well than eat well.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Spider bull was taken legally. If you guys have a problem with it take it up with whoever decided to sell the tag.
I don't care if he paid a whole town to "sit" on the bull till he got there. If thats what he wants to spend his money on why should you or I care?
Bottom line is the guy spent a whole lot of money to be able to legally kill an extremely large bull elk that everyone else had a chance to kill. He was successful in his endeavor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.