Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Spring Bear, Manitoba or Alberta? >

Spring Bear, Manitoba or Alberta?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Spring Bear, Manitoba or Alberta?

Old 02-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default Spring Bear, Manitoba or Alberta?

I hunted northern Manitoba in 2006 and I am now in the process of checking out outfitters for 2011.

I prefer to drive up rather than fly so I can bring back the meat and probably the hide as well. I will probably be travelling alone so I don't want more than a day and a half or so of driving. Somewhere around a thousand miles or so from the Chicago area.

My goal is to take a nice color phase bear, or a giant blackie. I shot a nice blackie (6'-3" 350#) the last time out.

I've read quite a bit about the Riding Mountain area of Manitoba, does anyone know of a guide in southern Alberta where color phase bears are common?
Old 02-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

Don't know about Alberta but if you're looking for a Manitoba outfitter I could ask around if you let me know what you're looking for, lots of colour phase bears around Riding Mountain is correct
Old 02-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

If your interested in an Alberta black bear hunt for large bears and a great chance at a color phase bear you need to call or email me. 1-877-647-9926 or [email protected]

Our Alberta Spring Bear hunts is great chance of getting a nice color phase bear. Our outfitter's hunters have killed many bears between 7 and 8 feet, their best being over 8 feet. They run their bear hunts from a tent camp northeast of Peace River, Alberta. This is a two bear zone with many color phased bears ranging from blond, cinnamon, chocolate to black and many trophy bears.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

SJ do you know what non resident (non canadian) springs bears tags are going to cost if purchased from an outfitter this year for Alberta?