Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Introducing myself

Old 02-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Spike

Default Introducing myself

Hello all,

I'm relieved to have finally found an active hunting forum! I grew up in North Dakota hunting deer, waterfowl, and upland birds. Recently I moved to Idaho and am really excited to get into elk hunting. I've got a lot to learn about the state and about elk but this site looks to be an excellent resource.

I've bowhunted deer in the past but haven't touched a bow in 6 years. This year I'm really trying to get back into it with the goal of going for elk. I bought a PSE Mossy Oak X last weekend as the first bow I've actually bought myself (last one was an old junker from my dad). Too bad the season is so far away.... oh well, gives me a chance to practice up my shot, learn to call, and lose some weight for mountain hiking. My wife is already getting sick of hearing mews...
Old 02-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome!

As you can see we love hunting around here. Kick off your boots and stay a while and we'll help however we can. Hopefully we can not only help you with your hunting tactics but maybe we can also encourage you to get a bit involved by teaching others good ethics, take a youngster hunting, and helping us keep this privilege alive with another voice.

Good luck and don't be afraid to post your questions.