Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

North American 10

Old 02-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default North American 10

I forget where I read it, but a new record keeping status, instead of taking all 29 big game species of North America, they have a new goal/recognition which is basically 1 of every type of the 10 species...

So how many of the NA10 do you have? Do you think you'll ever get all 10? All 29?

1. Antelope
2. Bear
3. Deer
4. Caribou
5. Elk
6. Moose
7. Sheep
8. Goat
9. Cougar
10. Bison
Old 02-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have 3; Antelope, Deer, Bear.

Certainly seems like getting all 10 is more doable than all 29, and perhaps more fun to work towards all 10 than 29, rather than going on another type of deer hunt, go after a cougar or something from another specie/category. Of course getting a sheep/goat may still prove to be the toughest ones to get.

Last edited by salukipv1; 02-03-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got deer, pronghorn, and elk. I probably won't do the others, either for lack of interest (why do I need to shoot a cougar?) or for lack of money/odds of drawing. I'm more likely to continue going pronghorn hunting and elk hunting as these give me a lot of pleasure at modest cost and I like eating both elk and pronghorn meat very much.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Typical Buck

I'm a bit of a simpleton. While it would be cool to brag about the "big 10" or having a trophy room filled with all 29 it simply doesn't interest me.

I've taken 3 on the list and I could care less whether I add another. My heart still beats as hard on an elk hunt today as it did almost 20 years on my first hunt. Monster muleys still get my blood flowing too. I spend all year preparing for these annual hunts and I show no signs of having interest in much else with the exception of bison and moose. I'd love to put one of each in the freezer but bison tags in Utah are pricey and Moose are a once in a liftime hunt and I just haven't drawn yet.

Now if the day comes that another species interests me for what ever reason, I may add more to the list but I won't hunt just to satisfy a checklist.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

how much are resident bison tags?
I know as a non-res they're 1500 or 2500 depending which area you hunt...

Originally Posted by rather_be_huntin
I'm a bit of a simpleton. While it would be cool to brag about the "big 10" or having a trophy room filled with all 29 it simply doesn't interest me.

I've taken 3 on the list and I could care less whether I add another. My heart still beats as hard on an elk hunt today as it did almost 20 years on my first hunt. Monster muleys still get my blood flowing too. I spend all year preparing for these annual hunts and I show no signs of having interest in much else with the exception of bison and moose. I'd love to put one of each in the freezer but bison tags in Utah are pricey and Moose are a once in a liftime hunt and I just haven't drawn yet.

Now if the day comes that another species interests me for what ever reason, I may add more to the list but I won't hunt just to satisfy a checklist.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

I currently have 3, deer, elk, bear. I plan on adding antelope next year and moose, goat, and sheep as soon as I get drawn.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:53 AM
BTM
Fork Horn

That group reminds me of those outfits creating the "who's who" books. They send out "nominations" to anyone with a pulse and will put their name in the book for $40.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator

^^ They put your name in the book for free, you just gotts pay $40 to get a copy of the book. But I did get some scholarship money through that program for college. So it's not a total joke haha.
-Jake
Old 02-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

I got 8. I'm missing caribou & bison. The 7 here in Colorado were all DIY. The WY moose was an outfitted hunt-----if I had more time it could have been DIY also. But I don't have a ATV or horses-----them moose are pretty big. CB
Old 02-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Spike

I have deer, bear, caribou, elk, moose, and mountain goat. Passed on an average mountain lion 2 weeks ago. All were do it yourself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.