Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Planning for 2010

Old 11-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default Planning for 2010

Looking at going to wyoming for 2010 for antelope and deer. I am looking at antelope unit 25 and deer unit 22 since they over lap and seasons are at the same time. Can anybody tell me if they know of a good website that has maps of public land so I don't havev to buy a bunch of maps of units with no land access.
Thanks for any help.
Mike
Old 11-18-2009, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I own just about every western states "atlas" not sure exactly what they're called, but they're usually red in color, cover an entire state, and will show you public land....I think they're 8 bucks or so. That'll get you started off right.

Usually in the center of the booklet there will be an entire state map showing public ground, then a closer zoomed map covering the entire state showing a closer view of those public areas, definitely pick up that and get started there, then buy the 4 dollar BLM maps once you decide on an area...
Old 11-19-2009, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most of that area is private. Look on the game and fish website and see if there is any walk in areas there. Those maps also show the state and blm land.

Antelope area 24 and the area right to the east of it is in the Thunder basin National Grasslands and has pretty good odds in drawing for out of state hunters. I do not remember what deer area it is but I am pretty sure they are both Oct 1st start dates. I could be wrong though. If they are get the Thunder Basin National Grasslands map.

However for deer you will just draw for the region for out of state so you will be able to hunt 5 or more areas over in that area.