Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Oklahoma hunters

Old 10-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Spike

Default Oklahoma hunters

I just looked on Oklahoma's web page and saw that you can buy an elk tag for Oklahoma. I am just curious where do yall hunt elk and do you have much success.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

There is two areas of the state that has elk herds right now. There is a herd around the lawton/fort sill area, and alond the eastern flank of the state with arkansas. For the season tags, you have to have written permission from private landowners to hunt. There is a draw only season for public lands. Not sure of the success rate though.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Spike

I saw some big ones about 6 years ago over by the Army base at Lawton.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

The elk in Caddo, Comanche, and Kiowa counties are descended from the Rocky Mountain elk stocked in the Wichita Mountains wildlife preserve about 100 years ago. Ft. Sill has a thriving elk population.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Spike

I mounted a 350 class bull this year from the southeast region.(only 1 tag per year) this bull has 4 drop tines on the right side the longest being 14" however there is a bull still down there that has 6 drops. but as far as I know its resedent only.