Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

gone moose hunting

Old 10-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default gone moose hunting

we talked all winter , spring and summer of hunting and now it,s time to harvest ,will do my best from oct. 10th to oct. 18 th ..were i hunt this year everything is fair game bulls, cows or calfs ..was lucky on my caribou hunt in sept. we all tagged out ..now were going after MOOSE meat ..we leave the big bulls for the TOURISTS ...
Old 10-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I wish you some great success on your moose hunt.. I am to a meat hunter but will take a big bull if it shows itself to me first.. I have to hunt just bulls for my hunt coming up on Monday.. It has been a long time waiting and scouting for me as well.. Good Luck on your moose..
Old 10-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Phil...Did you draw a tag...??..

Congrats if you did.. Be sure to keep me posted on your hunt...
Old 10-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
I wish you some great success on your moose hunt.. I am to a meat hunter but will take a big bull if it shows itself to me first.. I have to hunt just bulls for my hunt coming up on Monday.. It has been a long time waiting and scouting for me as well.. Good Luck on your moose..
good luck PHIL
Old 10-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Pygmy
Phil...Did you draw a tag...??..

Congrats if you did.. Be sure to keep me posted on your hunt...
Yes I did and it is the first time ever for me my friend.. The drawing has been going on for over 25 years up here so I am pumped up alright.. Also it is in my home area so I am hoping to have a great time of it..

good luck PHIL
Thank You and sorry to step on your thread i didn't mean to...
Old 10-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

That sounds exciting...good luck!
Old 10-09-2009, 02:10 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck to you both, Hope to see some pics before I leave on my moose hunt... we start on the 17th.. Rodney.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck... hope you get good one... Yum... delicious moose meat...
Old 10-15-2009, 04:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Smile

Originally Posted by heinz57
we talked all winter , spring and summer of hunting and now it,s time to harvest ,will do my best from oct. 10th to oct. 18 th ..were i hunt this year everything is fair game bulls, cows or calfs ..was lucky on my caribou hunt in sept. we all tagged out ..now were going after MOOSE meat ..we leave the big bulls for the TOURISTS ...
I never got the tourist moose like I would have liked to have gotten.. But my sub and I did get a nice eating moose.. I was figuring around 600lbs. until a guy showed up while we was getting it skunned out and stated it was most likely closer to 700lbs. than I think it was.. It was a 4 pointer and only 30 minutes into our hunt it came walking out to a call. We thought it was a cow until it got to far away for me to try and bow shoot it. So he let it have it with a 30-06. It was a work out getting him back out of the woods and onto the truck at roughly 130 yards threw an old cutting.. The cutting was cut in the winter leaving some high stumps and a alot of brush to go threw..
I hope you have had some great success as well..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 10-15-2009 at 04:33 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Good one Phil.
Thanks for sharing.
I've got to try moose hunting again someday.
Heinz57 I hope you get one also.

louie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.