Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Canadian Land Ownership Question? >

Canadian Land Ownership Question?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Canadian Land Ownership Question?

Old 10-08-2009, 05:57 AM
Spike

Default Canadian Land Ownership Question?

I've got a good friend who just got back from an annual waterfowl hunt in Canada. One of the land owners they hunted on showed him some prime hunting ground for sale. Huge deer,(white tail & Mulie), moose, supposedly elk, and great fishing. The price was very reasonable. It seems to me there are some funky Canadian land ownership rules that would be prohibitive or hunting restrictions for nonresidents. Anybody familiar with Canadian rules & regs?
Old 10-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Law/regs are based on each province not the country as a whole. Like here in Saskatchewan different for resident, canadian resident and non-resident (usa, etc). Waterfowl, upland and fishing are ok but big game not. A canadian resident can hunt whitetail and bears, but not mulies, moose or elk. A non resident can only hunt big game with a licensed outfitter in the outfitters area only - this is for whitetails & bears. Moose tags very limited but same as deer/bear. No elk or mulies. My suggestion is check with the department of resources about the regs for the province/area of interest.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Spike

Thank you for the info. It seems to me that it would not make sense for a U.S citizen to buy in your province strictly to hunt big game. It was one of those deals where if it sounds too good to be true..........it is. Maybe great for fishing and waterfowl. Anyway, I plan to come up in a few years to chase a monster whitetail. Happy Hunting!