Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Looking for a Moose hunt for 2010 >

Looking for a Moose hunt for 2010

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Looking for a Moose hunt for 2010

Old 10-06-2009, 03:34 AM
Spike

Default Looking for a Moose hunt for 2010

I'm planning a 2010 Moose hunt , Does anyone have information on a quality hunt that is priced reasonable. I live in upstate NY , I would like to drive and not fly someplace! Preferably within 15 hours of home. I have put in for the Maine lottery and Newhampshire with no luck and frankly Im sick of waiting. Thinking about Canada! Any information would be great. Thanks Paul
Old 10-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Cedarswamp1
I'm planning a 2010 Moose hunt , Does anyone have information on a quality hunt that is priced reasonable. I live in upstate NY , I would like to drive and not fly someplace! Preferably within 15 hours of home. I have put in for the Maine lottery and Newhampshire with no luck and frankly Im sick of waiting. Thinking about Canada! Any information would be great. Thanks Paul
when you find one let me know! I've tried to find a good one in both Quebec an Ontario with no luck..alot of outfitters but looooow results and then on teeny bulls...looking at Newfoundland but there too outfitters are abundant but GOOd outfitters are spotty.
like I said let me know if you find a reputable outfitter where I can drive to from the northeast.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

apply for a New Brunswick moose tag... not too bad of odds... very high sucess
Old 10-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Western MA Hunter
apply for a New Brunswick moose tag... not too bad of odds... very high sucess

Do you need an outfitter here, is it one person per bull tag or do you need two people per Bull? Does anyone no of a good outfitter in Newfoundland? Price ?
Old 10-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Spike

I just got back from Newfoundland and a couple of guys had driven up from NY. Great people and had a fun time but I didn't get my moose. I was mainly after a Woodland Caribou. I could have shot plenty of cow's but was holding off for a bull. The outfitter I went with was great and I'm actually going back in a couple of weeks at a great price to try to seal the deal.

There are a lot of great outfitters in NF and the hunts are pretty reasonable.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:48 PM
bigcountry

I used to go to NF. But I won't go back. Best you ever see there IMO is maybe a 50" moose. Everytime I took off from deerlake, I only noticed 2 trophies ever.

I will be going to BC next time.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigcountry
I used to go to NF. But I won't go back. Best you ever see there IMO is maybe a 50" moose. Everytime I took off from deerlake, I only noticed 2 trophies ever.

I will be going to BC next time.
Hard to kill a BC or Yukon class moose in NF, I liken it to killing a B&C whitetail in Pa. it happens but not often. I'm looking for a meat hunt as I have a couple of 50"+ bulls now on the wall from BC & Ak
Old 10-07-2009, 10:56 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Potterco
Hard to kill a BC or Yukon class moose in NF, I liken it to killing a B&C whitetail in Pa. it happens but not often. I'm looking for a meat hunt as I have a couple of 50"+ bulls now on the wall from BC & Ak
NF is more affordable. Average hunt is 3K.

I seen hundreds of those woodland caribou. I alwasy wanted to kill one, just didn't want to pay the extra 1500.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went here in 2005

http://www.biggameoutfitting.com/index.html

Excellent outfitter!

I will admit that there aren't many moose considered trophy as compared to other subspecies and places.

Success rates are very, very high compared to other areas also.

This is a fun hunt! The outfitter above has fly in camps.

They did have a few trophy camps in newly opened area( = older bulls) but they cost an extra$1000 I believe.

Last edited by Windwalker7; 10-07-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Spike

Spike00 should be hunting with biggameoutfitting as we speak. I sent him a PM, but have not heard from him. Maybe when he gets back home he will give us a report.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.