Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Check this one out.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Check this one out.

Kansas doesn't just have big whitetails. He will be about #4 in the state. I dont think that I would be able to function if i saw that thing.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/outdoors/story/984480.html
Old 09-29-2009, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seems from the comments not many in KS like non-residents. Although I had the same feeling of "this guy bought that buck". But what about us DIY hunters that go blind into an area out of state and don't have the pre-season scouting advantage the locals do? Hate to see all "outsiders" condemned based on those who use their money to their advantage (although I don't see anything wrong with that either, it just doesn't appeal to me as much as doing it myself).
Old 09-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah the residents are definitely not happy with their current system and to be frank I wouldn't be either. Did I understand the comment correctly that there are different rules for res's vs no-res's? If so I wouldn't be happy about it.

With that being said that is an awesome buck. I'm really disappointed that the guy missed though at 30 yds and the buck didn't head to the next county. Where I hunt you can shoot at a 2 point at 150 yds and if you miss he's gone. It's hard to understand why it would just lay back down. But great buck though.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah our state is really pushing non res deer hunting. A lot of good ground is being leased up. I really could not care less where the guy was from and if he used a guide that is an impressive deer.