Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Colorado Unit 70 Advise

Old 09-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Spike

Default Colorado Unit 70 Advise

A friend and I are heading to unit 70 for 3rd rifle around the Norwood Co area. We are both new to the area and not sure exactly what the terain is like. I have done a lot of Google research and internet searching for the area. If anyone has any advice that would be helpfull. Both of us are used to archery hunting for elk in Idaho but we are trying a new adventure this year. Good luck to all of you in your hunts this year and thank you for any help in advance.

Shoot Straight!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I started hunting a new area this year as well and used google earth and maps to locate a general area that I thought would be good. It is completely different once you get there though. It helps but we needed a day to get used to the new area and scout for the right location. So if you can get there a day and a half before to give your self time to adjust/locate the place you will eventually be in.

It didn't help with us getting there in the dark of night either.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Spike

Thanks for the tip! Our plan is to leave Wednesday night and drive 15 hours which should put us there just before noon. We will get situated then try and do some scouting on Thursday and hit it hard Friday to find a good location. I just talked to my hunting partner 10 min. ago and he asked me if I thought I would really get any sleep Wed. night anyhow, and he is right so why not pull out Wed. night.