Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
The thrill of black bear hunting >

The thrill of black bear hunting

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

The thrill of black bear hunting

Old 09-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Spike

Default The thrill of black bear hunting

This will be my fourth year hunting. I statred late in life when my son inquired about deer hunting three years ago at age seven. We are fortunate to have some close frinds that are experienced hunters and have been more than willing to offer their help in many ways.

This year I thought I would try some black bear hunting in Vermont as the bears are pounding the local corn fields. I have been out three times in the last week. Saw no bear the first night. One small bear the second. Tonight I had a good sized sow with two cubs come within seven yards of me before figuring out I was there. An hour later a lone bear popped out of the cornfield at about 30 yds. I think seeing these animals has been more adrenaline producing than the successful deer season I had last year. What a rush . I am nearly obsessed with hunting and seriouly looking forward to bowhunting in a couple of weekends followed by our youth hunting weekend which will be my sons second season (he turns 11 in November). Thanks for reading.

Shoot straight and get out in the woods!!
Old 09-23-2009, 03:22 AM
Typical Buck

good luck on your bear hunt ..i also get the RUSH when i spot a bear ..i don't bow hunt ,but would like to get one with my muzzeloader..have shot a few with my centerfire .[shoulder shot only] the bear is the only animal i will shot into the shoulder,to nail it on the spot ...
Old 09-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

we have plenty of bear here in va. and they to are distroying the corn fields. we get a few sxtra weeks of bear season this year. it starts oct 3 . i'm ready to get after a big one i've been seeing. i think he'll go close to 500lbs.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Spike

Hello fellow Bear hunters......

This was my first yr bear hunting in Mi... I had a big bear come many times but it was always at night (good ole trail cam)..... Is there some way to coax him to come to the picnic during shooting hours?
I do the scent free routine to the nines (many yrs of bow for deer keep me current with the latest and greatest tech) but he seems to be rather slick......

Last edited by erock48111; 10-05-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greenmountain, kudos for you. Bear hunting can be every exciting. Hang in there erock. Not to hijack the thread but I can explain what you have going on. Click the link below.

http://www.elkcrazyoutdoors.com/home...the_bear_woods
Old 10-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Spike

Wow.... Many thanks! Crazy8....... Now it makes a lot of sense once I read it....
Now I kinda know what to do next yr..!