Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Helping on Private Land.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Spike

Default Helping on Private Land.

Last night I was archery hunting and while driving out after some unsuccessful stocks I cam across a guy and his 4-5 year old son with an elk on the side of the road. So I pulled over and asked if he needed help of course he said yes please.
The problem that I have with this is where the drag marks came from I knew that it was private. I'm not saying that he didnt have permission it was just a little weird with every car coming by he would stop and look at the car and then continue on with what he was doing so I felt like the whole situation was a little sketchy. He couldn't tell me whos land he was on or anything like that and he kept trying to ruch every thing along. So I got the vehicle information just in case but didnt know what everybody thought.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

By posting the thread your radar is already picking up something not right and I think you already know what to do.

Look at this way if you report the incident and the guy is legitimate you have done 2 good deeds and no one is any worse for the wear. If the guy was not hunting legally he's poaching and should be turned in.