Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

bear hunting outfitters?

Old 08-24-2009, 08:56 AM
Spike

Default bear hunting outfitters?

Hey guys me and a buddy of mine are looking to go on a bbear hunt this june. Can any of you guys recommend a good lodge we would be driving from pennsylvania wed rather not fly thanks a lot in advance
Old 08-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

no outfitter, but have you considered North Carolina? Hear they're producing quite a few Booners...
Old 08-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Spike

nothing close but ive got an awsome outfitter in alaska its worth the trip for the scenery went 2 years ago loaded with black bear bought 3 tags shot two and held out waiting for a monster should have used it.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default bear hunting outfitters?

Anyone interested in a bear hunt needs to consider NC. Dolly Parton's cousin killed one a few years back that weighed over 800 pounds. A friend of mine had members of his hunt club kill 2 in 2004 that went over 500 pounds each near Conway, NC. Check out www.conmans.net website as a place to start. I have not hunted with them before but it will give you a point of contact anyway. The 2 deer allowed on the hunt is not a bad deal either. I might also add that most of NC's best bears are killed in locations east of I-95. A good idea would be to contact the NC DNR for the name of local game wardens in a particular area of interest. A warden is going to be familiar with the local hunt clubs and which ones hunt bear during the season and not just deer. It is possible that once you get some names and phone #s that you could join a club and hunt any season during the year. Hunt dues in my area average around $500 to about $1200 a year.

Last edited by dmax2002; 08-25-2009 at 09:13 AM.