Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
partner needed for elk bowhunt >

partner needed for elk bowhunt

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

partner needed for elk bowhunt

Old 08-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default partner needed for elk bowhunt

well a month away from my bowhunt for elk and my buddy cant go. his wife lost her job. I have a wall tent and all the extras and was planning on hunting in the grand messa. anybody intrested in going? anybody have a open spot for a hard working friendly guy? send me a pm and we will talk and see if we might be able to work things out.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

what state? public land? private? give some more details? would one need to already have a tag? or are they otc?
Old 08-11-2009, 08:05 PM

I've thought about sending the same message myself but you know how blind dates can be. I lived in Shreveport for 20 years but recently moved out of state.
PM me and maybe we can go some other time. I already have this year all planned out with hunts in Colorado.
I always go alone but I know it's dangerous. I like to bow, muzzleloder and rifle hunt.
Good luck
Old 08-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

we should plan a massive like 50guy elk hunt....from this site...haha

1 guy will bring 1 thing, like 1 guy bring a huge tent, 1 guy bring the food..., etc...I'll do the shooting of the big elk...
Old 08-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

colorado. tags are over the counter. public land. it isnt easy hunting at all. it is deffinatley the toughest thing you will probaly ever do iin your life. the elk are never close to a road and you work your tail off for 1 decent oppurtunity in 8-10 days. and thats just for a chance at a legal bull. but if ya love the thrill of the high country and buglin elk it all seems worth it!
Old 08-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

I am interested in going!!!
But you will have to call my wife and get permission for me?
I am going 1st rifle season already, so be warned you will have to come up with a pretty good story to get me in! And this aint her first rodeo, she's been told some whoppers in the past.
I would advise you use an alias as well when conversating with her, she finds out who you are and where you live....a woman can make life miserable on man for no reason!!!

Good luck to you and hope you get things worked out.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sending you a pm.