Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

2009 Ontario Bear hunting

Old 08-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default 2009 Ontario Bear hunting

anybody hear how the bear hunting is in ontario this year. i am going up in a ffew weeks and i was wondering for those who are there or know of the area. are the bears active and hitting the baits.

thanks,
Chris
Old 08-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

The outfitter i hunt with says business as usual which means its great! The kill was down overall last year weather/berries we managed five for five with alot of persistance! The economy is crap 2 my outfitter said he was down 35% last year on hunters. This year 50% from previous yrs. Im leaving the 21 of aug for wawa. Where u headed 2?
Old 08-06-2009, 10:29 AM

Default Ontario Bear Hunting

ontario bear hunting will be excellent this fall season! I'm running 6 baits and we are seeing a minimum of 3 bears at one sight and up to 9 at the others. bear population is excellent!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

man you guys got me excited hearing that. i knew that last year was a down year so i was hoping this year was going to be better..

boilermaker,
my parents went to wawa last year and had little success this year we are going to kirkland lake with cedar ridge lodge. it is by the border to quebec. we leave the 21st also. i am leaving Indiana and meeting them in Lapeer and we are heading up that morning. i am excited we are all (5) taking the bows and this will be my first bear hunt. so i am pumped. a big family trip mom, dad, cousin, brother, ME, and my niece to video and vacation.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys, while I am partial to my home province of Manitoba, have an awesome hunt in Ontario I'm sure you'll have great success!!!