Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Anybody else gettin Elk fevor yet? >

Anybody else gettin Elk fevor yet?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Anybody else gettin Elk fevor yet?

Old 07-29-2009, 08:27 AM
Banned

Default Anybody else gettin Elk fevor yet?

Yup, pulled out the diaphrams, bugles etc. Going over my pack gear, getting the fall feeling now. I'm starting to think about those bugling bulls, frosty mornings, and the smells of a fresh wallow. The feeling grows stronger day by day. My hunting buddy called yesterday about a scouting trip and he is starting to get elky as well. Hard to believe seaon starts in just about 4 weeks. Man time just flys anymore, I guess I'm gettin old.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Me and a couple of buddies are going up to scout on Sunday. I'm ready now. I think I could have my stuff ready in about an hour!!
Old 07-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bring it on. I even started my work out program a month earlier this year, in hopes that elk season would start a month earlier!!! I'm wondering if the cool season that CO. is having might lead into an early fall and colder winter. Early elk season might be better than it has been for the last several years.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Nah, my PL tag in GMU 51 goes from Sep 1 through Jan 31...........just set in blind a few times and take it easy! Kinda gonna take this one as it comes!
Dan
Old 07-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

I am always looking forward to time in the west and this year is no different. Hard to believe that next month is the starter. I was just thinking today of the early season success pics that will be posted.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by longknife12
Nah, my PL tag in GMU 51 goes from Sep 1 through Jan 31...........just set in blind a few times and take it easy! Kinda gonna take this one as it comes!
Dan
Yeah right! LMAO!!
Old 07-30-2009, 02:19 AM
Fork Horn

Hey, Private ranch...bounded on the west by the Platte, only hunted by family and a couple of invites....established blinds and a front loader to move carcass to my trailer. Serious, PL tags in that GMU are from Sep1 through Jan 31.....this year, I'm gonna take it easy!!! This one is gonna be different.
Dan
Old 07-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

No time to get elk fever LOL - to busy trying to put all the finishing touches on the trip, last minute long distance 'scouting', getting equipment all dialed in.... Can't believe I'm under 6 weeks out!!! Scary really
Old 07-31-2009, 04:41 AM
Typical Buck

I'm pretty excited I have already seen two sub 300 class 6x6's and I like what I've been seeing as far as racks. Really wet spring and summer those antlers are long and heavy. I'm hoping for a lil luck that my turn at the table is gonna have a few nice players involved.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

Yep cant wait!! Got the pack out going over things might need a new filter for the water pump thinking about buying a Biv sack , Yeah got the bug bad ! Good luck all !! Shane