Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

NM Elk - Congratulations?

Old 06-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default NM Elk - Congratulations?

Looked like it was going to be another year of no limited tag draws - couldn't believe my eyes when I got an email with "Congratulations" in the message I drew unit 17, archery. Got a lot of work to do and not much time before Sept. rolls around. If anyone has any info on that unit, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you - good/bad/indifferent. Shoot me a PM or email.

Hope some others on here drew some good tags this year....

Old 06-21-2009, 04:02 PM

Default RE: NM Elk - Congratulations?

I live on the border of unit 16 and 17. I too got drawn for 17 this year. My hunt is Sept 1- 10th. What info. have you gathered and what do you need?
Old 06-21-2009, 06:37 PM

Cranky - Ialso drew unit 17 in September. What camo pattern(s) do you recommend?
Old 06-21-2009, 10:04 PM

Honestly, it can vary. If we get a lot of rain during monsoon, something with a little more green. If not more tan. If you want, PM me as the season gets closer and I can dial you in. I am up in that area a couple of times per week. I am on the Southern end, I leave the Monticello area and go up the canyon that way. Do you have an area that you are looking at for camp? I am not as familiar with the Northern side of the unit as I am the Southern end.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats to you, and I also got that Congrats email, but I knew a day ahead of time by checking my credit card. Heading to 16B for the third season (9/19-9/25)

Less than 90 days !!!
Old 06-29-2009, 02:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats to all of you and I hope each an everyone of you have a successfull hunt..
Old 06-29-2009, 09:18 PM

We have been getting nice amounts of rain almost daily. If it keeps this up the antler growth will be real good. Things are starting to green up, keep your finger crossed.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

I have had my figures crossed since I applied...lol....I am looking forward to September as this is my first hunt outside of Colorado.

ORIGINAL: Cranky Guy

We have been getting nice amounts of rain almost daily. If it keeps this up the antler growth will be real good. Things are starting to green up, keep your finger crossed.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cranky Guy

Thanks for the update! Keeping my fingers crossed, can't believe we're only a little over 2 months out!