Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Sask bear hunt

Old 02-17-2009, 02:59 PM

Default Sask bear hunt

Does anyone have any suggestions on a Saskatchewan bear hunt? Location? Outfitter?

I'm thinking about one this fall. It's new to me, so any pointers you have would also be appreciated!!

Cheers,

HuntND
Old 02-23-2009, 04:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Sask bear hunt

Go in the spring [May]the hides are great and hunt over bait or stalk your choice.I'm in Alberta but it's the same terrain in the north country.A lot of odd colored bears around Peace River area.Honey blonds and cinnamons........................Two bears and pretty well 100% sucess................Harold
Old 03-02-2009, 05:21 PM

Check out Thunderhills.net I don't have a professional opinion but I've been back with these guys 3 times including one trip I paid for my son to go along.
They have no gaurantees but all three trips I saw 100% success in each group. They do all the cooking and they skin the game for you.
Great friendly bunch of guys and lots of fun! You'll definitely see bears. Whether or not to shoot is you decision. They say some go home without a bear but I think that would have to be because they are too picky!
Good Luck and if you go give Al and Barry a lot of BS they like it.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:16 AM

I'd stick with a spring hunt, if I were you. I run a bear camp in Manitoba and have found, you'll be competing wiht the fal berry crops in the fall and hide are no where near the quality in the fall as they are in the spring.