Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

DO NOT HUNT QUEBEC

Old 11-18-2008, 11:08 AM

Default DO NOT HUNT QUEBEC

--> [/align]I am spreading the word to other hunters out there to not spend their hard earned dollars in Quebec. 168 hunters were robbed of there money ($5300 USD each) and their dreams when Tuttulik Outfitters, a memeber in good standing with the Quebec Outfitters Association cancelled there hunts mid season in September of 2008. Many of these hunters were packing their trucks to leave when they receive the call that the hunts were cancelled. This was the last communication any of the hunters received. No refunds, no reasons, not anything!

Please, spend your money on hunts somewhere else. If you dream is to hunt Caribou, wait a couple more years, then do it. If we cannot unit against this type of theft, then there is nothing stopping it from happening again. Some Outfitters are already changing for the better, bonding your deposits and not requiring payment in full until your arrival. Good for them, they ALL need to change! US tourism and US dollars are what keeps these outfitters going, if we do not speak with our money, we will never be heard.

Thank you

dan smith, 1 of the 168.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Spike

Default RE: DO NOT HUNT QUEBEC

i am really sorry to hear that. its a horrible thing to be excited about a hunt all year then not only do you not get to hunt but lose your hard earned money.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

Is there any media coverage of this?
Old 11-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I heard about this too. While I think it was a low thing to do, I don't really think you can paint all of Quebec with such a broad brush.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Spike

Call you credit card company. I had the same thing happen to me with a golftrip and Chasegave me my money back.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

If its true, I would strongly recommend boycotting Quebec. It will force the government to take action against such outfitters
Old 11-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.huntingreport.com/worldupdate.cfm?articleid=399 A interesting read...I gather from the original post that this step was not taken...I find it disturbing that a lot of folks on this site always want to see the worst in everyone!! I can not belive that this person is advocating the boycott of an entire province, when it looks like the provincial govenment might end up being the remedy for the whole problem!!!!I must say that boycooting the whole area is the stupidist thing I have ever heard of!!! kinda like, lets boycott Colorado because fubar outfitters is whack!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 09:47 PM

ORIGINAL: finnbear

http://www.huntingreport.com/worldupdate.cfm?articleid=399 A interesting read...I gather from the original post that this step was not taken...I find it disturbing that a lot of folks on this site always want to see the worst in everyone!! I can not belive that this person is advocating the boycott of an entire province, when it looks like the provincial govenment might end up being the remedy for the whole problem!!!!I must say that boycooting the whole area is the stupidist thing I have ever heard of!!! kinda like, lets boycott Colorado because fubar outfitters is whack!!!!!!!
If Fubar Outfitters stole well over $890,400 from incoming U.S. hunters, and Colorado didn't do a damn thing about it...then yea, let's boycott CO. All the gov't has to do, is step up and force action onto this Inuit Corporation, but they are letting it slide because territory government is a hot issue.

I agree some outfitters are still good up there, such as Jack Humes offering some what of a discount to those who lost hunts through Tuttulik, when he had no obligation whatsoever to do so. Cool for them. But this is an issue that NEEDS addressing, not to slide off to the way side and be forgotten so that it can happen again (this wasn't the first time either). These Inuit Corporations NEED restrictions on just what all they can and can't do.

For that alone, If I hunt Bou, it will be through Jack Humes Adventures for his stand up act, or the more likely choice, Ill be heading to good ole Alaska.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

If Fubar Outfitters stole well over $890,400 from incoming U.S. hunters, and Colorado didn't do a damn thing about it...then yea, let's boycott CO.
I would agree. As stated in the article the government agency HAS BEEN WELL INFORMED (as of September 12). However, they have not done anything about it to date.

Loss in revenues from other outfitters WILL get some action to resolve this situation. As it stands, I would be scared to book with any Quebec outfitters until this get this resolved in the hunters favor.

For more details, you can check on bowsite.com
Old 11-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

{All the gov't has to do, is step up and force action onto this Inuit Corporation, but they are letting it slide because territory government is a hot issue.}

All I want to know is what do U expect the govenment to do besides give the money back, at the tax payers expense....If this corporation does file for bankruptcy theres not much anyone can do!!!! What will happen to the tribe...nothing...not because they are indians but because of the bankruptcy laws!! corporations fail all the time and people lose money...is it right ? is it fair????NO but U have little legal recourse...and as for the provincial government stepping up and refunding the money ,it's great if they do but remember the government can run out of money also...look at the frigging mess we are in in our own country!! see whgat happens when the government steps in and bails out companies thathave been run into the ground by greedy managers...do they change their ways ??no it's businessas usuall..let's eat, drink and party hell it aint our money!!!!
but I could go on about this for hrs and get no where with some here!! companies fail all the time and folks lose money and theres not much anyone can do about it!!!

Quick Reply: DO NOT HUNT QUEBEC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.