Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Colorado Unit 67 Land Owner Permits >

Colorado Unit 67 Land Owner Permits

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Colorado Unit 67 Land Owner Permits

Old 09-19-2006, 01:22 PM

Default Colorado Unit 67 Land Owner Permits

I have three land-owner permits for quality management unit 67 Near GunnisonColorado(and may get a fourth permit) for Second Rifle, October 21-29. I purchased these for clients who can't go on this year'shunt for various reasons. The land-owner is difficult to work with since he does fully guided hunts (for others)and won't allow access to the private land until the evenings, so these tags are best valued for your ability to get a hunting license (purchased separately) in this excellent quality management unit. I need to sell these vouchers. If anyone is interested, you can email me at [email protected] I paid $900.00 each for these but will entertain any reasonable offer.

Best regards, Robert H.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Colorado Unit 67 Land Owner Permits

I guess I'm confused. You have land owner vouchers, BUT YOU"RE NOT the landowner?? Something sounds goofy! Are you an outfitter also, BUT you only have access to the same land that another outfitter has? Or is it that you own land, enough to get 4 vouchers, BUT the elk aren't on your land, BUT your neighbor is letting you use your vouchers on his land, after the paying outfitter gets his clients moved out, in the evenings[:@]
Old 09-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

Also, Unit 67 is draw only. I don't know how land owner permits work, but I would assume you need both?
Old 09-20-2006, 10:12 PM

Goofy? You don't have to be THE landowner to posess the vouchers. Landowners with enough land apply for vouchers that they then sell to hunters. It is a souce of income for them. Yes, the unit is a draw only unit, however if you buy the voucher, you don't have to get your license through the draw. You can just go down to the DOW office or Walmart in Colorado and buy your licence, (around $499.00 for a nonresident) which would otherwise take a few years to draw. That is how I get a license in the same unit year after year, even when I don't draw.

These vouchers sell for as much as $1600.00 in this unit. I purchased them for $900 each for business (I am not an outfitter.) clients who hunt with me but can't come this year, so I'm going to sell them. They are fully transferrable.

If you are interested, email me at [email protected].
Old 09-20-2006, 10:22 PM

The landowner that sold the vouchers wanted to make money selling his extra vouchers but is only allowing limited use of his land to buyers. Colorado requires land owners who sell vouchers to allow access to hunters who buy them. Landowners who limit access to certain hours and portions of their land, do so tobend the rule by making it so hard to hunt their land that the hunters just hunt on public land instead. That is what the landowner who sold me these vouchers did. Accordingly I want to make it clear that any buyer should plan to hunt public rather than private land. That way, nobody is dissapointed. This is such a great unit, however, that you don't need private ground to get a good bull. I saw over 200 elk on public land in unit 67 last year.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:52 AM
Fork Horn

Wow rhanc62, great post!I learn something everytime I come to this forum.I had no idea us out of state elk hunters could work this kind of a deal to get into draw only units ... too bad I can't take advantage of this offer this year! []

cheers,
phil
Old 09-22-2006, 05:06 PM

Phil,

I'm glad that I could help. New Mexico has a similar land-owner voucher program that you should look into. As you probably know, New Mexico units are even more difficult to draw in than many Colorado units for out-of-state hunters. The difficult part is to make contact with landowners who apply for and subsequently sell vouchers.

Best regards and good hunting!

Old 09-25-2006, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

What is the hunt code on your vouchers?
Old 09-25-2006, 10:02 AM

EM067O2R
Old 09-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

And here's a prime example of why the "voucher" system is a BAD thing! A landowner applys for vouchers. Some of these vouchers take away from the alotted number of general NR tags. SO, now fewer non-residents draw a tag! BUT by golly, if your pockets are deep enough, you can still hunt!!
I see nothing wrong with a landowner getting "landowner only" vouchers, and then selling them to help make ends meet, and allowing animals on his/her land to be hunted and thinned. BUT to get vouchers that ultimately take away the chance of blue collar workers from drawing a tag, is a BAD idea!!
And now, not only is the landowner still makin' a little money by selling you his vouchers, you're adding to the price too! good luck selling your inflated priced elk tags!! Besides, I've hunted unit 67 many years, and the b/c ratio isn't that good, which translates to very few large bulls! It only became a draw only area about 5 years ago!

Quick Reply: Colorado Unit 67 Land Owner Permits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.