Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Plan to complete the grand slam? any slams? >

Plan to complete the grand slam? any slams?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Plan to complete the grand slam? any slams?

Old 02-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Plan to complete the grand slam? any slams?

Just curious what you guys out there plan to do in your hunting career? the grand slam(all NA big game animals, I think 29 of them) ? Most of them, minus a few you don't care to hunt? or don't ever plan to get a chance to due to cost or luck of drawing a tag?

Personally I want to hunt most of them in NA, though polar bear doesn't exactly appeal too much to me, nor does mtn. goat right now.

What about any other slams etc...across the world? african sheep /antelope etc...?
Old 02-21-2008, 10:12 PM
EKM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Plan to complete the grand slam? any slams?

Sorry, kindaunlikely here, wrong website, wrong demographic (mostly whitetail bowhunters), instead try:

www.accuraterelaoding.com

Old 02-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Typical Buck

I want to "Slam" an arrow or bullet into a Wyoming elk this fall and maybe a CO elk as well. Other than that, just enjoying every moment I spend in the woods!! Not that there is anything wrong with having that type of goal in mind but just not something I really wanted...
Old 02-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Personally my near future goals are besides a whitetail with a bow, an elk with a bow....., a moose with a bow would be nice, but that tags going to take a while I think, a rcky mtn bighorn sheep, though probably rifle not bow I'd love to take, again that tag should take alotta years.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:09 PM

My grandpa finished his sheep slam last year with his desert. I would love to follow in his shoes but i dont think its going to happen any time to soon. He got his first three within five years of each other then waited another twenty five to finish it.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:19 AM

That is my goal in life .I have taken 8 so far ,all DYS. The guide requiments blow.If it wasn't for that I would be much farther a head in the game.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

which 8 dayna?
Old 02-22-2008, 06:36 PM

W.T. deer ,mulie,black bear,caribou,moose,pronghorn,elk,and turkey if thats one. The last time I counted I had 28 mounts . I want to hunt a big billy goat or a grizz .Mostly b/c I have had lots of them in my crosshairs or bow sights. But those darn guide laws make it hard on a poor working guy with a wife and kids. Maybe I should be looking at some of the critters I can still hunt unguided. Any advice?

[/align]
Old 02-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

My current dream/wish list:

NA
Sheep - Rcky Mtn Bighorn & Dall
Caribou - Mountain & Quebec Barren Ground's. I also would like to one day hunt Woodland Caribou.
Moose - Yukon

African:
Gemsbok
Springbok
Impala
Waterbuck
Kudu
Zebra
Cape Buffalo

New Zealand:
Red Stag
Fallow Deer

Asia:
Marco Polo Sheep
Ibex

Some of these are realistic others may not be but hey that is what dream/wish are all about.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:23 PM

I've never really had much interest in animals outside of N.A.. . .seems in Africa, all you have to do is sit on a water hole and pull the trigger. Not much sport in that. My life time wish list at this point is (in addition to white tail and turkey) : mulies, antelope, elk, bear(black and grizz), moose,bighorn sheep, caribou and maybe a bison.

Quick Reply: Plan to complete the grand slam? any slams?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.