HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   COLORADO MOUNTAIN LION (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/20592-colorado-mountain-lion.html)

bigbearhuntertodd 01-07-2003 06:33 PM

COLORADO MOUNTAIN LION

<font color=teal></font id=teal>HELLO, I need someone with a pope and young book to do me a favor. I just killed a 14 1/4&quot; mtn. lion and want to know where it will place in pope and young. The game warden that tagged it said it was one of the biggest she had seen, (lets hope so) anyway any help would be appreciated.
Also if you get a chance where a 327&quot; elk would fall in pope and young. I guess I have had a good year.
Thanks TODD

ArcticBowMan 01-08-2003 03:55 AM

RE: COLORADO MOUNTAIN LION

Todd, I don't have the Pope and Young book, but by looking at www.pope-young.org your cougar and elk are record class. CONGRATS! The world record Cougar is 16&1/16&quot; taken in Wyoming. That's one big cat! The Pope and Young minimum is 13&8/16&quot;, so you should be well up there.

The minimum for elk is 260, so you kicked butt there too. I just about got an arrow off on a 320-330 class bull this Sept, but the shot just wasn't there.

Congrats on a great season!
ArcticBowMan's Hunting Photo's

bigbearhuntertodd 01-08-2003 07:30 AM

Thank you for the info, I have had a good year, one black bear, one elk, one mule deer, one white tail, and a mountain lion. Missed my Coues other wise a good year. Still have texas to go next month.
Where were you hunting?
TODD

ArcticBowMan 01-08-2003 04:45 PM

All of my hunts this year were in Alaska except for the elk hunt, that was in Western Montana. I have a few trips planned for next year, such as Black Bear in south central Alaska for a week in late May, early June, then elk in Oregon during the first or second week of Sept. I'll have a bunch of caribou hunting throughout the year, it's pretty easy to get out after them since the herd migrates through my back door.

What are your plans for next season?

bigbearhuntertodd 01-09-2003 12:55 PM

Wish I was hunting alaska again this year, you lucky dog.
I'm off for exotics in Texas in Feb., Turkey in Colo. and Wyo. in April, Black bear in Manitoba in May, Then hopefully, mule deer, elk, and antelope in colo in fall, along with mule deer in Wyo. Working on Whitetail in Kansas, Possibly a Antelope hunt in N.Mex. and what ever else I can find. I will hunt anywhere any time I can get away. Alot of it depends on the tags we can get. I think that we are applying in Montana for deer this year too. If you ever need anyting in Colorado let me know.
TODD

ArcticBowMan 01-09-2003 05:42 PM

Todd, I'm moving down to the lower 48 in the summer, and will be down there for two years. One thing that I really want to do is get a cougar with my bow before moving back to Alaska. Did you use an outfitter in Colorado for your lion, or do you hunt them on your own?

I'll be driving into Denver around the 20th-21st of March and spending a couple of days with family, so if you are in and around the Denver area, we could try to hook up for a soda or beer.

bigbearhuntertodd 01-11-2003 12:26 PM

Hey Bud, Cool, I live just north of Denver, would be great to meet.
I hunted for 3yrs with a friend for my lion with no luck, so this year I hunted with StoryCreek Outfitters, we ran my cat for 2 days before we caught him. They are greaat people! Our problem here is no snow. They have taken 2 more cats so far this year both on the same day. They have about 68 thousand acres to hunt and are fully set up for it. I can't say enough good about them.
Let me know when you are here. Here is my cell # call I'm around the boulder area every day and denver is just 20 min away 303-589-2988
TODD

ArcticBowMan 01-13-2003 03:14 AM

Todd, I'll write your number down and give you a call when we get in. Time will be limited since we'll be cruising down to Vegas on the 22nd, and I'm not sure if we will make it to Denver by the 21st or not.

Did you ever find out where your lion scored?

bigbearhuntertodd 01-13-2003 02:12 PM

Give me a hollar if you have time. I still haven't found out where it will place. sending the skull off to Oklahoma today to let the beetles clean it. Good luck TODD