Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Idaho Elk Hunting

Old 02-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Idaho Elk Hunting

Hi all-
Been a while, but I was passing some time at work by panning over Google Earth, trying to find some places to elk hunt and found a couple of intriguing areas. I won't post the specific areas here, but if any of you have hunted in Idaho Unit 35, PM me please
thanks
Old 02-28-2007, 01:34 AM

Default RE: Idaho Elk Hunting

I'm not familiar with the southern part of my state for hunting purposes....but I can tell you every road, drainage, creek, ridge in everything from unit six to the canadian border...especially in 2 and 6.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks-

Someday I'll probably try exploring new areas (and I'll look ya up). Just found a few nice areas with no people (that's why we backpack in a ways). Every time we've been there, we've seen nice bulls, but to no avail. I think this year is my year.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:47 PM

Nice....I'm of the opinion that if I can hear a gun shot from another hunter....the mountain is overran with hunters.

I usually pack in. Last bull we got we had to bone it and pack it 3 miles to our satellite camp, and another 7 miles to where we could get an atv to the meat. That was a seriously long 3 days! GOOD LUCK!

We are always welcoming ethical, mature and passionate hunters in our camp.

See my site for some scenic Idaho shots! www.myspace.com/fuzzyballs44

~Cam
Old 03-01-2007, 11:08 PM

ORIGINAL: jjwillie

Hi all-
Been a while, but I was passing some time at work by panning over Google Earth, trying to find some places to elk hunt and found a couple of intriguing areas. I won't post the specific areas here, but if any of you have hunted in Idaho Unit 35, PM me please
thanks
I personally have not been in this area, but know any that have and had good luck. This area has no highways I believe, and have to get in with horse or ATV. Therefore, not too many hunters.
If you have a way in this should be a good spot as it is not overly hunted. I have a buddy from Star, and another from Emmett that have hunted this area.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Fuzzyballs44

Nice....I'm of the opinion that if I can hear a gun shot from another hunter....the mountain is overran with hunters.

I usually pack in. Last bull we got we had to bone it and pack it 3 miles to our satellite camp, and another 7 miles to where we could get an atv to the meat. That was a seriously long 3 days! GOOD LUCK!

We are always welcoming ethical, mature and passionate hunters in our camp.

See my site for some scenic Idaho shots! www.myspace.com/fuzzyballs44

~Cam
Looks like you all have a good time up there! I like your myspace pictures of all the people surrounding a 4-wheeler... like your own little army. Crazy Idahoans. LOL
Old 03-02-2007, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

The area i hunt is virtually impossible to acces via ATV. We saw an outfitter in this area last year, but he was huntign about 12 miles back in. Since we were only about 3-5 miles, we had plenty of room.

I wouldn't trade my backpack hunting experiences for anything. Kind of like playing indians when we were little. Small tent, "roughin it" and hard hunting....throw that in with some nice bull sightings and it makes for a great trip.