Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Montana Supertag

Old 07-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Spike

Default Montana Supertag

They will be announcing the winners of this year's Supertags in Montana any day now. I can hardly wait to find out that I didn't win, heh heh. What do you guys think of the supertag program? I think it's a great idea, but I sure wish there was a way I could increase my odds! Good luck to anyone who applied.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Montana Supertag

I love it!!! Gawd, it would make for one busy hunting season. I can't even imagine. Good luck.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: tomsbass

I think it's a great idea, but I sure wish there was a way I could increase my odds!
the way to increase your odds is to buy more chances. It is just like a big raffle and all the money goes to access or habitat. Just put a little more skin in the game and your odds will be better.

Nemont
Old 07-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Could someone give me a quick summary of what the supertag is?
Old 07-12-2007, 05:25 PM

I think it was $20 for a chance to draw a tag ,you chose the animal and if you are drawn you can hunt in any unit you like. I have been saving all my luck to use it on this draw.

[/align]
Old 07-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Spike

Huntingson, you can apply as many times as you want for $5 a chance. Only one person is drawn per species, so unless you buy hundreds of chances, the odds aren't good. But the guy who wins gets the hunt of a lifetime. The supertag is not district specific or sex specific. There are no bonus points, but there are also no restrictions on how often you can apply, nor on applying for a regular tag as well. I think Montana is the only state that offers something like this, but I could be wrong.