Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Colorado Hunting Camp

Old 01-15-2002, 04:41 PM

Default Colorado Hunting Camp

Hey, has anybody heard about ReadyCamps? They will set you up a luxury campsite in the Colorado area. They rent the campsite to you which consists of a 16'X 32' military tent complete with bedding, fluorescent lighting, generator, microwave, toaster, TV, VCR, stereo, thermostatically controlled propane heat, stove, cooking/eating utensils, chairs, lanterns, ice chest and more. It's really cool! Tell them where you want to camp and they will set it up for you. All you do is drive to your campsite, party and have fun and drive away when you are done! They set the camp up, take it down and even handle the clean up. That is over 500 square feet of tent and will easily accommodate 6 to 10 people and they are really affordable. You can reach them at (970)261-3614. Friends and I stayed in one of their camps to hunt this year and it was like staying at the Hilton out in the middle of nowhere. We four wheeled back into the wilderness where we always hunt and there was our custom camp. We watched a movie every night and slept like babies right through two snow storms. The game warden just about flipped when he came by to check our licenses. I was kicked back in one of the chairs watching a movie and drinking a cold beer. The fluorescent lights were on and it was nice and toasty inside. What a trip! When we were done, we just drove away.
Old 01-15-2002, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Colorado Hunting Camp

I'm confused. Did they set this up within a wilderness or at its boundary? And did you drive your 4 wheelers just to the camp or into the wilderness.

Sounds ok except for the TV/VCR/Stereo. I go hunting to get away from things like that. I don't even read a newspaper when I go hunting.

How much did it cost?
Old 01-15-2002, 08:17 PM

We hunt on the Grand Mesa at about 10,000 feet. The area we hunt in is only accessable by four wheel drive vehicles. We told them exactly where we wanted it and they set it up there. Basically you just tell them what you want them to provide, sleeping bags, chairs, ice chest whatever and they total up the charges for you. We have been driving out from California for years and got tired of hauling everything with us. It was too cramped on thje way home withj a truck full of elk and deer. We went for the total package and it cost $1000.00 for seven days. We split that between the six of us and that was only $166.00 each. I got tired of freezing all night in a small tent and then trying to get up early and hunt without a good nights rest. This was like sleeping in a cabin. We cooked and froze meals before leaving and then just threw them in the microwave when we were ready to eat. I love to hunt, but I also like to relax and get away from the old lady. A cold beer and a movie every night in a warm lodge sure kept my spirits high. By the way, we bagged 4 elk and 3 deer, all in all a great trip.
Old 01-15-2002, 09:01 PM

Man that sounds great it would sure beat having to set up camp and all that bs and then just leave and let them take it all down that would beat the holiday inn the only thing i can see wrong with it is you need a couple of good lookin women after the beer to get a good nite sleep to wake refreshed for a good day of huntin if we hunt colorado this year we may have to look it this,the worst thing about it is i just shelled out some serious coin for a new outfitters tent,but not having to haul that stuff back and forth might be worth it
Old 01-15-2002, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

What town are they based out of? Did you check references. How did you pay? Cash, Visa, etc. How long have they been in business? I guess I would be afraid I would pay ahead of time with a visa and the camp wouldn't be there when I arrived. Was this your first time? Do you know if they service all areas of Colorado?

You said you drive out from California, but you are listed as being from Grand Junction?
Old 01-16-2002, 07:01 AM

I think last year was their first year in business but they really went out of their way to mazke us happy. They are here in Grand Junction and I think they will book up quick this year because they are pretty popular here. I am originally from Grand Junction but have a home in California. My father died here in August and my mother wasn't doing good alone so I took a job here and am helping her clear out the house and sell it and then move into a retirement community. After that I'll head back home.
Old 01-16-2002, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

DThomas7996 -

As for the group you are talking about, they cannot do that in an outfitters area as it would violate the outfitters leasing rights, would it not ? Its not a bad idea, but I would think it would have to be done in a public land area where outfitters didn't control the outfitting rights. Sounds like a drop camp in many ways, way more plush and maybe they got a lot of restrictions on where they can place the tents ?

Everyone has their own style of hunting, but partying and drinking beer and watching movies is not hunting IMO. Also, I know for a fact you didn't go into a wilderness with a 4 wheeler - thats illegal because wilderness areas are walk in and horses only. What wilderness area is on the Grand Mesa ?
Old 01-16-2002, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

sniff...sniff...I smell SPAM.
Old 01-16-2002, 10:10 AM

Funny RuRu12, I was thinkin the same thing. Guess he is underbooked for this next season.
Old 01-16-2002, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

DThomas: Pardon us for being skeptical. There are so many scams on the internet. Now you, whose first post on this site is about a business, raves about a business and gives us their phone number. Anybody who is not gullible is going to wonder if you are part of the company or if this is some scam. What is your full name and phone number, so we can call you up and chat and can you give us the names of the other guys in your group so we can call and check out your story? You can email me if you don't want their names on the internet.

Other than the TV, etc. it sounds like a neat idea, and I would consider it on some future hunt. Also, I am curious about the legality of this brought up by Stealthy.

Quick Reply: Colorado Hunting Camp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.