Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 OH MAN YOU GUYS GOT TO SEE THIS >

OH MAN YOU GUYS GOT TO SEE THIS

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

OH MAN YOU GUYS GOT TO SEE THIS

Old 10-21-2005, 06:19 PM

Default OH MAN YOU GUYS GOT TO SEE THIS

you have to watch this 1 minute clip. this will make you sit right up in your chair. this is just crazy. watch all the guns and where they are shooting. let me know what you think. go to
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/lionhunt.html
Old 10-21-2005, 06:54 PM

Default RE: OH MAN YOU GUYS GOT TO SEE THIS

WOW!!!!!
Old 10-22-2005, 12:25 PM

Whoever was hunting that lion should've made a better shot to begin with. He had a good solid first shot, with plenty of time to get a good rest and plenty of time to line things up. A lion can NOT run like that with a big hole in both lungs. That lion charged about 50 yards and still had plenty of steam to carry out an attack until he got ventilated a few more times.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

That video has been around for a while. If you look close enough you can see high fences everywhere. The lion actually tries to run away before the shooter makes the crappy shot but he can't because of a high fence.

He should have gotten mauled if you ask me.[:'(]
Old 10-23-2005, 12:44 PM

after looking close i think i do see a fence. but it looks like a short farm fence. i don't see anything that would stop a lion. just thought you guys would like to see this. just something differant to see. i still can't believe someone was not shot.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: missed_another

after looking close i think i do see a fence. but it looks like a short farm fence. i don't see anything that would stop a lion. just thought you guys would like to see this. just something differant to see. i still can't believe someone was not shot.
I enjoyed it, got a good laugh. And yes, WOAH looking at all the guns and how they handled them...
Old 10-23-2005, 10:18 PM

I made a pact with my stepfather before we went bear hunting that if either one of us were being attacked by a bear you shoot to kill the bear first and think about the attackees safety second. It is much easier to fix a bullet hole (that hopefully doesn't hit fatally) than a series of bear wounds from a bear trying to rip my face off and eat my brains.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:38 AM
Typical Buck

If this is a caned-fenced hunt, I agree with Bigbull. (should have got mauled) Then this is not hunting, this is simply target practice. Something they all appear to need more off.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:31 PM

This video has been around for quite awhile. Yes it is thrilling. and yes it has been debated quite a bit. I'll give you a recap of the finer points of the debates that I have read. None of these are my opinions nor do I make them as a statement of fact.

1. the hunt happens in south africa. The credits say as much at the end of the clip. In South Africa all hunting is on "game farms." which is to say that they are high fenced. I've heard that all the game was wiped out of S.A. and the only way that there is any hunting is on these farms.

2. Some argue that high fence isn't hunting. Others argue that the farms are several thousands of acres. The animals now days where born on the farms and lived there whole lives there. They claim that the animals are as wild as it gets.

3. Some say that the person deserves what he got or even worse.

4. Others counter that he no more deserves to "mauled" than the average hunter who goes bear hunting.

I'm not going to take a side on this one.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

To shoot an animal of any kind in a high fence is one thing, and to each their own, but to trap one against a fence before you make a crappy shot is another.

Quick Reply: OH MAN YOU GUYS GOT TO SEE THIS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.