Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Hog Hunting In Hawaii??

Old 08-07-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Hog Hunting In Hawaii??

Anyone ever been or have a good outfitter for wild hog hunting in Hawaii, perferably Maui. I would like to chase them with dogs.
Wife gave me the go to take a day and Hunt on our 5 year aniversery.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
W.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hog Hunting In Hawaii??

Woodsie, We just returned from a 25th anniversary trip to Maui and although I can't help you on your hog hunt, if that fails and you're interested in a fishing trip give Start Me Up charters a try. My son hauled in a 372 lb. Blue Marlin on July 14th. Talk about a thrill! It took 1 1/2 hours to land and reeled off 700 yards of line. When we left Maui on the 16th, they had caught a 640 lb. marlin. These guys know what they are doing. Good luck on the hog hunt, I may try that next time.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:29 PM

I sell Hog Huntin' stuff to Hawaiin's all the time. I'll try and ask some of my customers if they know of any good outfitters. I'm not sure which islands they are from, but they sure seem into it!
I'll pass along any info I can get.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:49 PM

i live on kauai. dont know much about hunting on maui or any outfitters. Just bring your bow/rifle, check the regulations and head out. It's summer time so all the hogs are in the lowlands eating the numerous fruit trees. guava, mango, rose apple, mountain apple...all these are fruiting right now. If you're into hunting with dogs and can't find a guide...Just wait until you see a truck with a dog cage and offer the people like 200 dollars for a chance to go hunting. I dont know any one of my hunting friends that would turn down the offer. They may not let you stick the hog, but if you prove worthy they might. My firend here on kauai does guided hunts, almost guranteed catch he has insane dogs, best dogs ive ever seen.

evan
Old 02-01-2024, 09:49 AM
Spike

Default Ditto on the big island, Hilo

Originally Posted by woodsie
Anyone ever been or have a good outfitter for wild hog hunting in Hawaii, perferably Maui. I would like to chase them with dogs.
Wife gave me the go to take a day and Hunt on our 5 year aniversery.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
W.
Ditto, be in Hilo 3 weeks in March, love to roll with the pack, just want to participate, don’t gotta get trophy shot, or prove anything thanks